New York-Long Island

batcheloratte party ideas for Nassau/Suffolk county

Hi. I need some low key - no strippers or clubs please - ideas for my batchelorett party.  The problem is it willbein december during holiday season.

Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: batcheloratte party ideas for Nassau/Suffolk county

• edited December 2011
    How low key are you thinking?  If you're just looking for a place to have a night our with your friends and possible drink I'd say maybe Dave and Busters?  Or you could do a lounge kind of place like Four.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    there are so many places! what is it you're looking for besides no strippers or clubs? do you want a wine bar? a nice trendy restaurant? give a bit more info!

• lorr2002lorr2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want strippers or clubs either so i was thinking wine tasting out east, and fondue (i LOVE fondue), the melting pot on 110 is good but pricey and you dont get much, the atmosphere is really nice though.  there is a place in port jefferson called Z-pita that has yummy fondue and you get way more than the melting pot for less $.
     i was also thinking with just my girls (and my gay friend!) doing a pole dance class, i think it will give us all a good laugh :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What about a spa day?
  • rikachikarikachika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we might just rent our a friends dance studio and give swing lessons and hang b/c the wedding is 1940s themed.  Low cost ( with being so close to teh holidays is key too)  Thank you for all yoru advise
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    melting pot? really? i hated it the 2 times i went. subpar food, light drinks. no thanks :) sorrydont mean to rain on the parade but for a pre-prepaired chain restaurant-eek. you can do better!!

the viking store in garden city closes their kitchens for private lessons if you want to go that way-and they do have wine and cheese pairing clasees plus novita (wine bar iwht great fondue) is right across the street, as is waterzooi and there's a great italian place one block up from viking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards