Hawaii

West side or south side of Maui for honeymoon??

Hi ladies, I'm getting married in kapalua in May. We are now trying to figure out which side of Maui to honeymoon? I've read the south side is quieter which we would like but the west side has a lot more to do. Where did you pick and why? Price wise we are looking for a 34 star hotel. Thanks!
Love is being stupid together.-Paul Valery

Re: West side or south side of Maui for honeymoon??

• 3 to 4 star not 34 stars :/
    Love is being stupid together.-Paul Valery
  • I would go with the west side.  The Lahiana/Kaanapali area gets the most sun and least amount of rain on the island.  Not that there's any bad weather...just better weather:)  If you are looking for deals on hotel/condos, check out www.vrbo.com, as the west side is usually a little more pricey.  Everywhere on the island is beautiful though... and all within driving distance.  Good Luck!
  • We stayed on the west side of Maui for our honeymoon. Agree that there's more stuff to do on the west side. It was also relatively quiet where we stayed at the Sheraton Maui. Snorkeling right in front of the hotel. turtles that swim right to the shore line and greet you. Where we stayed has somewhat of a boardwalk that connects the hotels and you can walk along to to go shopping or eat at different restaurants. If you choose one of the sherwood properties (sheraton, westin, etc), there's a free shuttle that takes you to other places on the island.
  • I would suggest the South Side for your honeymoon. Less kids and more adults. Definitely more relaxing and more for adults. If you don't mind kids, though, stay in Ka'anapali/Lahaina...otherwise stay in Kapalua which tends to be a bit more on the pricier side.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Diana...we stayed in Kapalua for our honeymoon.  The villa we rented was amazing and we really liked the proximity to everything.  However, it was just so darn windy!  We loved Kapalu beach though and it's near one of our favorite restaurants- Merriman's.  All in all, you can't really go wrong anywhere on the island.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_west-side-or-south-side-of-maui-for-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:e357da44-6618-422d-bf2b-9747a913e6d0Post:46c012d2-5c98-4721-b40f-6190f894667a">Re: West side or south side of Maui for honeymoon??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest the South Side for your honeymoon. Less kids and more adults. Definitely more relaxing and more for adults. If you don't mind kids, though, stay in Ka'anapali/Lahaina...otherwise stay in Kapalua which tends to be a bit more on the pricier side.
    Posted by dianalynm[/QUOTE]
  • We enjoyed the casual vibe of the west side of the island more. I thought there were a ton of familes on both ends (lots of kids at the Grand Wailea, Four Seaons, and Fairmont in south Maui and at the Westin in west Maui). On the west side we found that there were a lot less familes and people north of the Sheraton. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards