Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Food - Catering - Budget

I am all over the place right now! HELP! I am on a budget as are many brides (thank goodness) and I am not sure how much to spend on the "food". I am back and forth between buffet style and plated. With the plated, I am unsure how much a head I should spend per person. OMG< someone please help me!

I want to keep my guest list 200 and under...for some reason people keep popping up...they will be sad when they don't get an invite. My goal is is to cut down from the 200...sorry...no replacements.

Cry

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Food - Catering - Budget

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in RI so I assume it's sort of similar to Boston and I'm from NY so I'd say an average plated meal is between $100- $160 a head. 
  • edited December 2011
    If you haven't, you should post this over on your local board. Prices tend to vary all over the place depending on your area!
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put over 50% of my wedding budget (that included price of dress, wedding ring, invitations, band, flowers, etc. but not engagement ring or honeymoon) towards food and wine, since that's what the guests most appreciate and feel.  If I had a lower budget, I would put a greater percentage towards food and drinks.  Sometimes it's worth it to be a little creative about where you choose to have your reception because you can do more with less money.  Find a less popular venue or find a caterer that does something other than the traditional crab cakes and filet mignon.
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Rhodes on the Pawtuxet in RI for $125 per head.  The food was fantastic and Morin's was the caterer.  They are in house at Rhodes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards