Christian Weddings
Options

XP AW: Extending the honeymoon!

FI will still be in college this fall when we get married and go on our honeymoon.  We are getting married on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and going on our honeymoon over Thanksgiving break (he will end up missing one day with only two classes, so it's the best case scenario as far as that's concerned).  We are getting married on Saturday the 19th, driving to Orlando on Sunday the 20th, doing Disney and Universal Monday - Saturday the 21st - 26th, and driving home on Sunday the 27th.  All of this was planned and booked when we though FI would have classes on Mondays.

Today I just realized that FI does NOT have classes on Mondays in the fall, which means we can extend our honeymoon by one day!  I asked FI if he would be OK with that, and he agreed!  So what we plan to do is leave all of our Orlando reservations alone, but add a day at the beach on our drive back.  So we would drive most of the way home from Orlando on Sunday the 27th, but stop in Panama City Beach or Destin and check into a (booked) hotel room.  We would spend Monday the 28th in room (looking for one with a jacuzzi - thanks to Joesgirl for putting that one in my head, lol) and on the beach, then drive home late that night or even early the next morning (FI doesn't have class until 11:00 on Tuesday and Destin is only about a 2.5 hours' drive from home).  I am super excited!  I've been looking for a way to either extend or upgrade our honeymoon for a couple weeks now, and it looks like I've finally found it!  FI and I are getting together tonight to pick out a hotel in Destin that we like.  :D

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: XP AW: Extending the honeymoon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards