Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

XP: Alcohol Pricing

What type of prices have you been quoted (or paid) for alcohol at your reception?

Was it for Wine & Beer, + Signature Cocktails, or Open, etc.? 

How long?

Where was it/what type of establishment?

I found a reception venue that I also liked the meal pricing for, but when we got to the liquor section I found out the basic wine & beer package was 2x the cost of the meal pp!  Just wondering what's the norm :)

XP to my local board

ETA:  After service gratuity & sales tax,
1. $38.55 - Well liquors, house wine, domestic beer & soda
2. $41.12 - #1 + house wine served with dinner
3. $43.69 - Call liquors, house wine, domestic beer & soda
4. $46.26 - #3 + house wine served with dinner
5. $51.40 - Premium liquors, house wine, domestic & import beer & soda
6. $53.97 - #5 + house wine served with dinner.

Price is for 5 hrs.  Reduce by 1 hr for -$7.71 pp.
Well Brands: Rikolaff Vodka, Rikolaff Gin, Highlander Piper Scotch, Early Times Bourbon, Port Royal Rum, Kentucky Velvet Whiskey, Newport Amaretto, Topaz Tequila, Newport Peach Schnapps, and E & J Brandy Call Brands: Bacardi, Beefeater, Canadian Club, Captain Morgan, Jack Daniels, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jose Cuervo, Malibu, Meyers, Old Forrester, Seagram’s 7, Seagram’s VO, Smirnoff, Southern Comfort, and Windsor Premium Brands: Absolut, Bombay Sapphire, Crown Royal, Dewar’s, Johnny Walker Red, Kettle One, Makers Mark, Stoli, Tanqueray
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: XP: Alcohol Pricing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Um i don't know about everywhere. The two venues I'm looking at right now (skimming) do it different ways. The first is a museum so the don't usualy do weddings, the second specilizes in weddings and receptions. Both are open bars and include all mixers and other drinks besides alcohol as well on all levels

The first it is separate form food and comes in a 4 different packages 19 without alcohol, 23 for the basic package of house stuff, 27 for the call brands and maybe 34 for the upgrade. These all include at least one red and white wine and atleast 6 hard liqs. as well as 2-3 beer options depending on the level (call and up include 3)

The other venue has a base of 47 a head but it also is their base food package (cocktail only - very minimal) and you could buy upgrades per head in specific areas or upgrade to a 50something or 70 something a head.

Both those places are for 3 hour receptions and the second includes champagne for toasts.

The food option for the first since it was separate was the 34 for the lowest food option in the reception category and the highest at 55, so even if we got the highest bar food would possibly double the bar. I hope it helps. You should look at what the bar includes as well. The first and second on here both include local draft beers which I assume is part of why the cost is higher in some sections then I would suspect. You may have unjustifiably high prices with that vendor, but at the same time if they are carrying seasonal drinks or other things it may explain some discrepancies with what we give you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All I know is what I paid...which I have no idea how that stacks up in your area.  For "premium" liquor (Jack Daniels, Absolut, Bombay Sapphire....I wouldn't call that premium, but that's what the venue called it), Robert Mondavi wines, and domestic beers we paid 23 per person for 3 hours unlimited.  My friends and family are huge boozers so we considered it a bargain.

ETA: prettyirish, I just realized we're both NOLA girls. 47 dollars is WAY high in this area unless you're talking 5-6 hours of open bar with the Grey Goose, Patron, Maker's Mark, etc. Join us on the NOLA boards for more info. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OP i see you're from illinois, is your wedding in chicago?

if so, be prepared.  the booze packages we were quoted are pretty expensive.  we chose our venue in part b/c we can supply our own booze, we just have to hire a licensed company to serve it.  it's saving us a ton of $$.  our family and friends are boozers too. :)

i would have to dig through my old emails for the specific quotes, but i'm happy to if you want chicago info.  just PM or page me!
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    ETA specific packages in question.

No, not Chicago :)

There's one venue in particular I like the idea of using for the reception, but the city is currently under debate if they want to allow liquor there or not.  Also, I can rent a country club with bar available and complimentary tables, chairs, linens & napkins for $500, or the dry venue for $400 not including linens & napkins.  If the city changes its mind, I might be able to host a bar bringing our own liquor & hire a bartender or two for an overall smaller cost pp.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards