Missouri-St Louis
Options

Event Insurance? Suggestions?

We are having my wedding at the Renaissance Grand downtown in January.
We were going to do 21 and over, but I just found out my cousin won't be 21 until March and that just won't do, because mother is standing firm on 21+ only so she isn't liable for any minors drinking, but his being there is a must for me.

So... I'm seeing if I can get my mom to bend the 21 rule if I offer to get event liability insurance. I'm surprised that the hotel itself isn't liable, but she claims it's she who is liable, so I'm just going to go with it.

I've googled some but the websites I found that offer it don't seem that credible. Has anyone in St. Louis gotten event insurance and have recommendations / avoid-like-the-plague warnings?

thanks!

Re: Event Insurance? Suggestions?

• Options
    rweiss07rweiss07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check with the venue itself first to see who they say is liable

It most likely is your mom  she is the hostess 

as far as insurance  her homeowners liabilty can extend  but if she doesnt want that you may be able to put event insurance in place  I work in insurance and have sold these policies they run about $350  if you want me to talk to underwriting and my event insurance compqany for you I'd be happy to do so 
    I would assume that the event insurance would come first if their is a claim but I'm not 100% sure you may want to check with her homeowners company to make sure
    my email is rweis@amfam.com  I wont pressure you to buy anything you :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're not going to be able to have your under 21 year old cousin drink at your wedding regardless of insurance.  If he doesn't think he can't drink for a couple of hours at a wedding it would be upsetting.

I used wedding insurance because our venue was really old and I wanted to be covered in case a guest slipped on the stairs or something.

I used http://www.wedsafe.com/ - they're BBB A+ ranked, so you know they're legit.  Thankfully I didn't end up making a claim, but it was about $350 for $15000 of coverage.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards