Michigan-Grand Rapids

Wedding planning - revisited

I have been a forever lurker, I mean years.  So now is my time to actually contribute to The Knot and the wonderful GR Knotties.  Brent and I are getting married June 5 in Coopersville (my hometown) and having our reception at Long Lake Park in Sparta (his hometown).  So far we have the church, reception venue, pastor, photographer, florist (my best friend!), my dress, MOH dress, MOB dress, starting on decorations for the reception.  I'm working on the caterer right now, and then it is details, details, details!  What is your status?

Re: Wedding planning - revisited

• edited December 2011
    Hey! I am getting married the weekend before you, so pretty similar actually! I have most of those things (just not MOB dress) done as well - also the DJ, tuxes picked out, invites starting to be designed, and a few other little things. I'm actually having a marathon session with the FI tonight so we can decide on Scriptures/readings for the ceremony, wedding music, honeymoon, etc. Oh and we also just started registering.
    I know a few people from Coopersville, actually the person doing my alterations is in Marne.

Congrats and happy planning!
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • amycamilleamycamille member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm getting married September 25 this year in Grand Rapids (my hometown). I currently live in Kalamazoo, which makes some things quite difficult. We're getting married at my childhood church in Plainfied twp. and the reception is at English Hills Terrace. We've gotten our DJ's, flower arranger, and most of the apparel (excpet for tux's) figured out. I'm making the invitations and programs. I know it's pretty early, but we registered already to get it out of the way since the next few months are really busy for both of us. It's just getting down to the finer details now!
    Planning and finishing up school is so hard...just can't wait to graduate, get a big girl job, and get married!
  • 1xBitten2xshy1xBitten2xshy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy,

I can only fathom what it would be like to do school and planning.  A job and planning is more than enough for me!

Where did you register?

Rhonda
  • heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like amycamille, I'm a September 25 bride. As of now we have the church, reception site, and photographer booked (and we had our e-pics today). On Monday we're meeting with our officiant again. When we get our engagement pictures back I'll be making the STD's and getting those out. Next weekend we have a caterer tasting. That's where we stand as of now. Laughing
  • amycamilleamycamille member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We registered at Bed bath and beyond...it's just so much easier because it's a nationwide chain and we have family from out of state that are coming. I keep worrying that only registering at one place is going to be a mistake!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards