July 2013 Weddings

Funny Response Card Wording

We are considering these RSVP's to include a little humor in our otherwise very formal invites. Looking for feedback - Love it? Hate it? Think it's tacky? Think people will be too dumb to get it?

Unfortunately, we are having a "big fat" wedding where we have to invite our parents' friends, parents' co-workers and very distant cousins we've never even met, so the crowd is very mixed. There will be people receiving these invites that don't really know us and don't know our humor. Also, FMIL is super tradtional and taking every WAYYYY too seriously. We still want to do it anyway but I don't want to offend anyone either.  Anyway, here's what we have so far:

Ready to celebrate? Reply by this date:

June 26th, 2013

Name: ___________________________________________

Number of persons: ______

__ Accepts with pleasure

__ Declines with regret

__ Accepts with regret

__ Declines with pleasure

or

June 26th, 2013

Number of persons: ______

___ Of course I’ll be there!

___ Must decline, but has a really good excuse.

___ Will attend, but only because I have to.

___ Enthusiastically declines!

___ Bonus: Will express answer through art on back.

or

June 26th, 2013

___ “Will be there with bells on!”

___ Will be there, but refuses to wear bells

___ Will be there, but be asked to leave for wearing ONLY bells

___ Must decline, has bell phobia

___ Must decline, regardless of bell controversy

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Funny Response Card Wording

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_funny-response-card-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b89cdbd3-7864-4c7c-ab7d-4619659d82a6Post:01360b45-c21c-4496-aa8e-22f7b3874e25">Funny Response Card Wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are considering these RSVP's to include a little humor in our otherwise very formal invites. Looking for feedback - Love it? Hate it? Think it's tacky? Think people will be too dumb to get it? Unfortunately, we are having a "big fat" wedding where we have to invite our parents' friends, parents' co-workers and very distant cousins we've never even met, so the crowd is very mixed. There will be people receiving these invites that don't really know us and don't know our humor. Also, FMIL is super tradtional and taking every WAYYYY too seriously. We still want to do it anyway but I don't want to offend anyone either.  Anyway, here's what we have so far:     Ready to celebrate? Reply by this date:                         June 26 th , 2013 Name: ___________________________________________ Number of persons: ______   __ Accepts with pleasure __ Declines with regret __ Accepts with regret __ Declines with pleasure  or Ready to celebrate? Reply by this date:                        June 26 th , 2013 Name: ___________________________________________ Number of persons: ______ ___ Of course I’ll be there! ___ Must decline, but has a really good excuse. ___ Will attend, but only because I have to. ___ Enthusiastically declines! ___ Bonus: Will express answer through art on back.   or   Ready to celebrate? Reply by this date:                         June 26 th , 2013 Name: ___________________________________________ ___ “Will be there with bells on!” ___ Will be there, but refuses to wear bells ___ Will be there, but be asked to leave for wearing ONLY bells ___ Must decline, has bell phobia ___ Must decline, regardless of bell controversy
    Posted by kerryberry13[/QUOTE]

I think they are cute. We are using a version of the bell one. I love it and all of our guests know us and know our humor, so Im not really worried. However, for your guests, I would hope a little RSVP card wouldnt get them in a tither!! I would hate to not have a sense of humor!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• I dont get the bells part, but i like the last one!
  • Not that I don't think think the others are cute (the second one is really funny!) but I personally prefer the first for a formal invitation.

Side note, even though I've seen it talked about on TK, I still don't understand the whole bells thing. Though I did hear the expression used on television the other day and noticed it lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think your invites should reflect you and your FI, so if this is your personality, then go for it.

Personally? I would stick to something more formal, especially if some of your guests don't really know you that well.  I wouldn't want someone's first impression of my wedding to be that it is a joke, or think that I am immature in any way. The first impression is the lasting one.
  • We're doing a version of bells on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards