North Carolina
Options

Getting closer...

to choosing colors! I posted a while back about our venue, The Levine Museum in Charlotte- for those of you who haven't been, seen it, it's VERY neutral and open. I have yet to think about further decorations.

I think I'm going to use a bright-ish shade of pink, but not sure what accent. I'd like to do another bright color- maybe yellow, but not too much yellow? Any thoughts??

FYI, I had originally thought I'd do green and ivory...but went with my gut and am going for the bright, vibrant colors instead- much more us! :)
image122 Made the list!
image 89 Are ready to party!
image 11 Will be missing out!
image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting closer...

• Options
    janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have always been fan of pink, green and purple.  What kind of theme are you thinking about.  Is your wedding during the day or night? 

panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we used bright pinks and yellows, went really well together but the bridesmaids dresses were a bright blue
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did fuchsia and navy and they looked SO good together (IMO).  I know navy isn't a "bright" color, but just thought I'd throw it out there! Here's are some random pics from my wedding so you can see the color combo:

image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    More pink/navy inspiration pictures (not from my wedding)

How do you feel about pink/apple green? My best friend did that and it was gorgeous.  Here's a pic from her wedding:

Or just different shades of pink??

image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend do apple green and purple and I LOVED it.  I am doing royal blue and orange, but mine is a fall wedding. 

One site that would be helpful is The Perfect Pallette.  Along the left are a list of colors, and if you click on any color it gives all the suggestions they have put together with that color.  For example, pink:has 45 suggestions : http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/search/label/Pink

The top one happens to be pink and yellow and I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing hot pink and black and white damask!  I love bright pinks!!!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

thanks ladies! this is all so helpful, especially the color website!

it is an evening reception (5 or 530 ceremony, we haven't nailed that down yet), and we want the theme to be...fun and lots of energy, just like us! i am leaning more and more to pink and yellow, i'll keep you posted :)

image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards