Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement Party Ideas

Hello. I am newly engaged and my parents are throwing me and my fiance a engagement party in a few weeks and I am looking for a few fun ideas. Any suggestions for games and or fun ideas to do with our party guests??? Any thoughts would be appreciated.....

Re: Engagement Party Ideas

• Options
    I suggest no games.  Sorry - it's not a shower.

Adults can come together, eat, drink, and be merry without a host of activities - promise.

At my sister's engagement party, they had a cake at the end that said congrats to both and we watched them cut it.  That's about it - otherwise we drank, ate, and chatted with everyone.
  • Options
    I agree no games.  Mine was an engagement BBQ, we had both families together and some friends.  We ate, DRANK and talked and had fun.  My e-cake is in my siggy.  After cutting it up and enjoying the sugary goodness everyone hung out for a little longer and then called it a night. 

My suggestion is figure if the parents want to host it at home or out at a restaurant.  You can have a focal point to it, mine had a more tropical theme to it since the wedding is happening in Maui.  By tropical theme we had bright fun colors in decorations and tropical drinks on had with the beer and wine. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't get too involved in the planning of your engagement party.  Mostly this is because you are not supposed to throw yourself an engagement party.  Doing so will come off as a ploy to get gifts.  I would just leave it up to your parents to plan it out the way that they want.  I'm sure they will do a great job, and it will be a fun event since everyone is celebrating such happy news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    Honestly it's not your job to plan your engagement party.  I personally hate games at parties - I'm not 8, I just want to eat, drink and chit chat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At mine it was more of a way for people to see the two of us together and meet me/groom if they had not already. We ate, laughed, told stories around the fire at night, etc. We did not play games but I did bring board games for guests that wanted to play them on their own (scattegories, catch phrase, etc.).
    Miss Calvin and Mr. Hobbes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards