Offbeat Weddings

Why I probably won't be posting as much (long)

I was going to put this in the tuesday thread, but decided it was too long and didn't want to hijack the thread.

The last few weeks and so have been super tough. Me and FI have decided to postpone our wedding. First is financially. I'm try to find a better paying job/move to a different area/ect. And having a wedding on top of that is way to much stress. There are also a lot of more personal issues that we are working on before we get married. Its that whole, I love him dearly, just do not think he would make a good husband type deal. I kept hoping some of them would just go away, but they weren't. And they definitely won't go away once we are legally married. So, as of now, we are still engaged and whatnot. Just taking the time and space we need, and working on ourselves as individuals first. Than we can work on 'us' and hopefully by than we will both be in a better situation financially and mentally to be married. 

And, while it has been sucky, I've felt a lot better personally. I've been able to do things that I have wanted to do and, well, weird as it sounds, feel like I am 'growing up.'

I do still plan on coming on to TK once and awhile, but nearly as much as I use to. You ladies are a great bunch, and I can't wait to see and hear about all your guys wedding planning, and the weddings themselves.

Sorry for the long post. Even though its been awhile, only a few of our friends know, so its a relief to type it out. Also this is kind of a post & run. I've been baking cookies and cleaning, so I'm not glued to my computer the whole day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Why I probably won't be posting as much (long)

• I am so sorry and hope things work out (in which ever way you would like them to). We are always here to talk (well type) if needed.

Good Luck
  • I'm really sorry to read this, though many props to you guys for taking time to figure things out. I hope you'll still be able to come around, and we're here if you need to vent :-)

• I think you are making a smart choice. Of course I am sorry to hear about all the reason for postponing the wedding but it's better to figure everything out before you say I Do. FI and I postponed our wedding 3 times due to financial issue and I am glad we did. I hope everything works out for the best:)
  • I'm so sorry. Sending you a million hugs. You are making the right choice for you right now and no matter how difficult that is you have you take care of yourself.
    I'm always here if you need me.

Oh, and I PM'ed ya.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • first of all, hugs! even when you make the right decision, it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt huh?
    second, good for you for taking care of yourself!
    we are always here for you whether you are planning or not!
  • I'm sorry things are a bit rough right now. What you're talking about doing will make you a stronger couple and I hope everything works out for the best. Good luck, hon. Like others have said, we're here for you if you need us.

Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We postponed our wedding by a year for financial reasons and I couldn't be happier about it now. Things are coming along so much better the second time around, all of our ideas and visions have changed and we can afford to spend a little bit more, even though we're still broke...lol.

I hope things get better for you! Good luck!
  • sounds like you made the right decision for a lot of reasons. you'll be missed!

someone told me a long time ago that seeing people exactly as they are not as we would want them to be is the key to truly finding happiness. for me that meant not marrying the person i was engaged to at the time. four years later i know that was absolutely the best thing in the world for me.

not saying that's what will happen with you guys (at all), but i think its really brave of you to put all the fairytales and excitement on hold and take stock of what you actually have. its really hard to do. i respect it very much.

we're all here if you need us. and i am going to PM you too :)

HUGS xx
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you do come around every so often, and I'm glad you guys are doing what's right for you and not rushing anything. Life is not a race, it's a journey :) *hugs and good wishes your way!*
  • i'm sorry to hear about this!

but, i agree with PP, you are making the right decisions - you need to do for you -

hope you come back annd check out our offbeat ideas!
  • GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. All your posts have been incredibly kind and supportive.

It will be tough, with some days better than others. But I know this is the right decision, and I can only get stronger after this.

Uneek & H&S - pm'd you back.
  • I know how difficult this is. I went threw knowing my groom wasnt ready several times when i was engaged in the past. But you need to be confident in your desision. As much as it will pain you. This seems like a great support system here. i wish you all the best

• Sorry I'm just reading this.  Good luck to you no matter what.  It is a really brave and wise decision.  More people need to do what you are doing.  My ex husband, for example.  He decided a year and a half after the wedding that he "didn't love me like a wife".  I applaud you both for working it out before the wedding. 
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards