Getting in Shape
Options

The 4- hour body.

Has anyone tried it?

the author was on the doctors and my friend swears by it (and is in amazing shape), so im interested.

i looked up the "guidelines"... no carbs, no fruits, lotss of water. 
plus one "go wild" day a week.

after awhile you do start eating VERY LITTLE carbs... but it is more lifestyle than fad diet. i am considering giving it a go (oh how i love my carbs) and wanted to know if anyone else already had.

Re: The 4- hour body.

• Options
    I'd rather "go wild" a couple times a week ... meaning... have a little bit of a bad thing (Say a few potato chips) a couple times a week then devoting an entire day to eating whatever my heart desires.  I think that would teach someone it's ok to binge... it is NOT ok to do that and more importantly I don't see how that is healthy.

Also, why the no fruit?  I would die... I eat fruit everyday and carbs.  I run often and I definitely need carbs.

Verdict:  I don't know much about this diet but it doesn't sound good IMO.
  • Options
    Carbs are not the devil.  I really hate the idea of not eating fruit.  It doesn't sound sustainable, and our bodies and brains NEED some carbs.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I really don't like any diet that says you must totally eliminate a food group from your diet.  Eliminating fruit seems kind of ridiculous. 

The "go wild" day also irks me.  I feel like this plan is telling you to not eat carbs/fruits at all, but then encourages bingeing behavior one day a week. 

And ditto J&K, your body needs carbs! Especially if you're doing any kind of physical activity.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do not follow any diet where you should eliminate an entire food group. That is ridiculous. Fruits provided much needed vitamins and minerals. The only "diet" that will guaranteed to work for everyone is to eat healthy, in moderation, and exercise more. Do not cut out food groups. Eat more fruits and veggies. Less processed food. 
  • Options
    Sounds fishy to me. Most of these diest are scams... maybe they work for a few women but truth be told... healthy eating and exercise are what's going to get rid of that fat... not cutting out fruits. Yes, fruits contain sugar but guess what... it's natural sugar. Not processed in any way. And our bodies need sugars to sustain life.

Try toneitup.com.
    They give awesome advice, REALLY AMAZING workouts and also give you recipes that are so yummy but so good for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards