Maine

outdoor reception site tent or park shelter

Help,

Need an outdoor site near portland/freepot for wedding and reception in August of this year that is not too expensive and has some kind of shelter option or will lee us put up a tent.

Thought We had the perfect reception site for a tented wedding near portlandat FI's sister-in law's farm (flying point freeport). 
This is very generous and we are super grateful, but it is becoming clear she didn't really think this out before she offered as she is now adding to the things she thinks we need...space heaters, port-a-potties, a golf cart to get older people across the grassy field to the site we chose near the water... and lately a back-up indoor site  in case of rain. 
I thought that was what the tent is for!
 I'm getting really worried that this will cause issues in his family that  could be avoided with another site.

Any ideas????
Thanks ladies!

Re: outdoor reception site tent or park shelter

• edited December 2011
    Wolfe's Neck Farm in Freeport rents out their field for weddings. I believe you'd have to bring in everything, including a tent, portable restrooms, generator for electricity, etc. The info they gave me was that it was $800 to rent it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    One more thing: I don't think you'll need space heaters in August, but even at someone's house, I think you'll need to rent port a potties, since most people only have 1 or 2 bathrooms (3 at the most), and if you have 100 people, that's just not enough.

If you're looking to forgo having to rent that kind of stuff, you'll probably need to find a place that allows for an outdoor reception but also has enough indoor bathrooms.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks MIN MIN. was about to look into wolfe's neck.  Only have 50 people, so it could be on the smallish side if that brings up ideas for anyone else.
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i am at the very early stages of planning so i am not sure how the price would be but a couple of years ago i went to a wedding at the portland head light in cape Elizabeth, there are a couple of sites but the one i went to there is a pretty little space that is covered and at one end has a stone floor and half wall (where the couple got married). It would at least be worth checking out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards