Florida-North Florida

Need help with everything for a Destin Wedding

I just got engaged last week... we are looking to get married in Destin in late May or early June of 2013.  We haven't picked our condo yet... so any ideas would be great there. 
I'm looking for everything from who to use to photographer to cool places to have a reception.  We haven't set a budget... but we want this to be very inexpensive!!!!!  Thanks so much!!!!

Re: Need help with everything for a Destin Wedding

• Check out luftcreative.com for photographers :-)  They did my engagement pix and it was a great experience.  They're also on Facebook.
  • Hi!!! I just got married on June 10th and my wedding was absolutely beautiful and perfect (if I do say so myself :D)
    I am not from Destin so I planned everything from afar. Just thought I would pass on my great experiences with my vendors so you could possibly look into if you are interested!

Firstly, we stayed at the Mariott Residence Inn on Grand Blvd Miramar Beach before the wedding and Mariott Courtyard afterwards. They were wonderful! We had some family stay at some condos and also enjoyed that very much so!

We went through a coordinator named Princess Wedding Co. for our beach ceremony.  They set everything up, included a minister, photographer, chairs and all! Edina Kiss was the photographer for the ceremony and she was great.

We did our reception aboard the Solaris Sunquest Cruise. This was so unique and everyone LOVED it! Its a dinner cruise yacht that cruises the bay for a few hours while holding your reception. It was so memorable! Staff was amazing!

I also hired another photographer for taking pictures before the ceremony and at the reception. I took a gamble on her since it was her first wedding. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! She is on facebook under Timeless Photography and if you want her contact info, just contact me and i can pass it on!

We had a $10k budget and including everything: invites, DIY projects, reception, ceremony, photographer, cake, a welcome dinner/rehearsal dinner, welcome bags/favors- we easily stayed under!

I also got my hair and makeup done at Avenda Be Fusion salon who also did an amazing job!

Hope this helps! You are probably saying "oh my gosh will she shut up?!" haha if you do want to talk or any more info, feel free to email me! nicholettemtz@msn.com

Good luck and happy planning! :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello:

I have also just got engaged and we are also trying to plan a Destin wedding for early June 2013. We are having a small wedding and trying to keep a pretty tight budget. I have been having such a hard time planning anything. We've been looking into the package deals and some of the prices are reasonable, but then there are a lot of add-ons that really add up to be pretty expensive.

Any advice on how to have an affordable beach wedding in Destin is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  • thanks so much for all the info! I will definately look in to all of it!
  • Nicholettemtz  - where did you actually have your wedding at? 

• Syoung1975- We had planned to have our ceremony on the beach of Dune Allen Beach Access 30A (which is very nice!).  However, for the weekend of our wedding we had rainy and stormy weather. So our coordinator asked us if we wanted to move our ceremony to Henderson Beach State Park. This is a private area that had a pavillion for in case it did rain, you could still have the ocean background.  This was perfect!  The rain ended up stopping just in time and we were able to have the beach ceremony anyways! The coordinator knows what they are doing and really takes care of you. 
    Then we had our reception on the Solaris Sunquest Yacht.
    Hope this helps!! :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for your response.  I had actually found Princess Wedding Co on internet before I saw your post.  Sounds like you were very impressed with their services

n Response to <a href="http://destin.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_need-help-with-everything-for-a-destin-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:99992984-bc09-4e2c-8d1a-6d1134ca6029Post:a0a53623-2281-4677-b8cd-4933434a0c87">Re: Need help with everything for a Destin Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Syoung1975- We had planned to have our ceremony on the beach of Dune Allen Beach Access 30A (which is very nice!).  However, for the weekend of our wedding we had rainy and stormy weather. So our coordinator asked us if we wanted to move our ceremony to Henderson Beach State Park. This is a private area that had a pavillion for in case it did rain, you could still have the ocean background.  This was perfect!  The rain ended up stopping just in time and we were able to have the beach ceremony anyways! The coordinator knows what they are doing and really takes care of you.  Then we had our reception on the Solaris Sunquest Yacht. Hope this helps!! :o)
    Posted by Nicholettemtz[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards