Delaware
Options

host bar?

Does anyone know what a host bar is? I was emailing a venue about bar packages and they gave me the pricing for open bar and told me there were cash bar and host bar options also. I obviously know what a cash bar is, but I'm not sure about the "host bar".

Re: host bar?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know what a host bar is? I was emailing a venue about bar packages and they gave me the pricing for open bar and told me there were cash bar and host bar options also. I obviously know what a cash bar is, but I'm not sure about the "host bar".
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe a host bar is when you, the host, pay the entire tab.  There is usually a miniumum amount you must pay.  Once your guests drink above that amount, you pay for what they drink, obviously with set prices known to you ahead of time.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    PP is right - host bar is when you pay for your guests alcohol. 

It can either be a per person charge, you can pay a lump amount and when that amount is used up it turns to cash, or you can just run a tab and pay for it all at the end of the night.  If you have big drinkers, its usually benefical to pay a per person amount and let them have unlimited drinks, but if your guests are not it might be better if you pay per drink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards