Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Good Morning!

Hi ladies,

Mornings are always too busy for me to come on the TK but since today is proving to be different thought I'd post :)

Had a wonderful  and relaxing solo night in as H was at the Dane Cook show. I ordered Sex and the City 2 on demand. I had seen it in the theatres back in the spring but just love it. The movie is so over the top loca, I think that's why I enjoy it so much. Just a nice break from everyday realities!

I almost hit a deer on my way to work. Thankfully it was still in our neighborhood so I was only going 30 miles or so. I'm still not used to all of the deer/roadkill everywhere :( But I did hear on the radio that Bon Jovi is coming to the Consol Engery Center next February so I am most stoked about that! We already got our tickets for U2 in July so it's shaping up to be a great concert season :)

Jamie-I wanted to add congrats on winning first place! I love to bake and wish I had more time to do so.

Hope that everyone has a wonderful day!
My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011

Re: Good Morning!

• ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! Last night I visited my grandfather and he's doing a lot better. Then I came home and made dinner for DH and I and then we watched the Pens game. Tonight I am going out with my mom, MIL and SIL. There's a show at a local bar that we're going to.

Philly- Glad you missed the deer! There are little tiny whistles you can put on the bottom of your car that deer can hear, but humans cannot. I've always had them on my car and (knock on wood) have never hit one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    I had a nice night last night as well. FI and I had dinner then watched the movie Taken (I think that's the name) with Liam Neeson it was pretty crazy! I got pretty involved in it! lol. After that, I watched ANTM while finishing up my presentation for tonight that I wasn't able to get to last week in class.

I'm super excited that our honeymoon plans are coming together!! We're receiving the final ininerary today and sending in the first deposit today! Now we just have to plan our California portion of the trip and we're good to go! Has anyone been to Napa that can offer some suggestions??

Hope everyone has a great day!

Julie - It's good to 'see' you here! I haven't yet seen SATC 2 and am anxious to see it! Perhaps I'll order it this weekend while FI is at work! Oh and thank goodness you didn't hit the deer!

Crazy story - FI was on his way home from work late on Saturday evening (around 3am) - he called me to let me know he was leaving and of course I was asleep. Next thing I remember I received a panicked call from him around 3:45am telling me he almost hit a deer going about 80 on the PA turnpike! He swerved so as not to hit it and ended up spinning out and almost hitting the median dead on. Thank God he made it home safely, but was a nervous wreck... and so was I. Now I'm paranoid every time he leaves for work early or comes home late...
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trisha - Glad to hear your pap is doing better! When will he be released?
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    edited December 2011
    Trisha-So glad that you were able to see your grandfather and also that he's doing better!

Thanks for the tip about the deer device! I am so petrified that I am going to hit one these days. Knock on wood that your streak continues!

Maui, November 2011
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Gianna- He came home yesterday! He's so happy to be home and his pain has decreased a lot. Thanks for asking!

Philly- Thank you! No problem at all, you buy the little whistles at any auto store and you put them underneath your front bumper so you can't even see them!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    edited December 2011

Gianna-H is a HUGE Liam Neeson fan and we saw Taken when it first came out. You're right it is beyond crazy and you get to engrossed in it!  So glad to hear that your FI was not hurt over the weekend!

My parents actually just vacationed in San Fran and Napa. They raved about the Napa Valley Wine Train which takes you through the wine country in restored train cars. I can ask them what vineyards they visited. I know they had a fantastic time. They didn't do this but I know that hot air ballooning out there is also very popular! Looks so beautiful and can't wait to go myself.

Maui, November 2011
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah, which good morning post to choose...

Yesterday I had a bad lab schedule again, there til 11, back at 8am.  But it's easier to manage than I thought, especially when I leave for a nap/dinner for a few hours.  I also finalized costumes with my friends... we are going as the 3 ninjas from some 90's movie??  I have no idea, but they are excited about it and all the costume involves is funny masks and karate tops, so I like the ease of it.  

ros - so glad to hear your grandfather is improving!
    philly - That deer episode sounds scary!  I used to live north of philly and so many of my friends hat deer-related collisions.  
    gmc - your honeymoon plans sound amazing.
  • edited December 2011

Good Morning! TGI-almost-F! Our marriage group went well last night- we ended up having only 6 of us instead of 8, so less cramped. I made apple cider in the crockpot for the first time this season- sooo yummy. Also, DH worked on my Medusa headpiece- it's looking awesome! I am so excited for this weekend! Plus in a week we are going to see the AGT tour!

Julie- Nice to "see" you on! I'm glad you missed the deer!

Trisha- Good news that your grandfather is home and feeling better!

G- I would have been a nervous wreck too- I'm glad your FI missed the deer as well. I'm anxious when DH goes to play cards, since he doesn't get home til around midnight, so I can't imagine him not getting home until 3 AM. i wouldn't be able to sleep.

M- Glad you figured out an easy costume, even if you're not sure what it is!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards