Georgia-Atlanta
Options

QOTD 11/16/10

Should the groom be allowed to wear what he wants, even if the bride hates it?

I think that if the groom gets no say in what the bride wears, then the bride gets no say in what the groom wears. Having said that, I think that if the groom says to the bride "I really hate halter top dresses" she shouldn't get a halter top dress, and if he says to her "I want to wear a lime green suit" and she bursts into tears, he should reconsider.

Re: QOTD 11/16/10

• Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's hypocritical, but I totally get a say in what he wears.  I'm not going to nitpick it, but there are certain things I don't want him to wear (eg: white tuxedo) that I would put my foot down.

He's had no say in my wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like most guys don't have quite the same fashion sense as women so... I think the bride should at least be able to turn down something the groom picks that just looks BAD or is inappropriate for the formality level of the wedding.  Other than that the groom should be able to choose.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Belletop.  I want him to pick out the style he wants (tie vs. bowtie, vest vs. no vest, etc.), but I think it's important to coordinate what he wears with what the rest of the bridal party is wearing too.  
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think he can pick his outfit if I get to pick mine. Fair is fair. I would like to think that if my FI really cared about our day, he would take his outfit planning seriously to make sure the whole event gels together.

I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards