South Carolina-Charleston

Wedding and Grooms Cake Vendor

Hi Ladies,

Since most of you guys have helped me pick everything else . . . I trust you to give me advice on picking a vendor for the wedding/grooms cake.  As with everything else, I am looking for someone reasonably priced, nice and dependable!  Any suggestions?

Re: Wedding and Grooms Cake Vendor

• FMIL062307FMIL062307 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Cake Stand...Reasonably priced and great to work with.
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Michelle at the Piggly Wiggly at Seaside (near the Target in Mt. Pleasant).  She's great and the cake is really tasty.  She also makes cakes on the side, http://www.peacockfeathercakes.com

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    I just ordered my cake at the Publix in Mt Pleasant... The cake feeds 100 people-caterer slices are smaller than publix slices is what the lady told me and lots of people don't eat cake. My soon to be mother in law wants to make a large groom's cake and I'm buying cupcakes and cookies with our initial on it.  The cake was 315 before tax- I added a strawberry flilling for $13 and the delivery fee is 30 so it was 375.  I hope this helps!!
  • edited December 2011

Meredith at Newton Farms Catering is amazing.. reasonable depending on what you're looking for..

Another new and up and coming is D'Lish Desserts. I just tried their cake on Sunday at the bridal show... AMAZING! not sure her pricing, but know shes booking rather quickly so I'd give her a call

• edited December 2011
    I second Michelle- she was wonderful, reasonably priced, and it was delicious!!  She actually made my cake sparkle!
  • clemsongirl14clemsongirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend Dottie Villeponteaux.  Shes awesome!  Here email address is rvillepontea@homesc.com.  sorry i can't find her phone number.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards