Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Ceremony Site Help - Reception site already booked with PEC

Hello Ladies!

I am in desperate need of help!  I am looking for a ceremony site for my 11-2-13 wedding.  I already booked the receptioin site at PEC (Profile Event Center) and really struggling to find a ceremony site.  I am Lutheran and my Fiance is Catholic, we aren't really looking for an over the top religious ceremony what-so-ever.  Do any of you know of a church that allows non-members to get married at their location without paying an arm and a leg?  We'd like to keep under $1,000.00 for rental fees if possible.  Or do you know of any other non church places that would host a ceremony only?

I know PEC offers to have the ceremony there but I dont know how that would all work.  Are any of you getting married there?  Or have you been married at PEC?  How does the change over work?  Can I seat 250 people on the dance floor?  Do they put up the centerpieces after the ceremony?  Just curious and will be email the coordinator for info as well.  But wanted to know what you all thought.

Thanks for the help! :)

Re: Ceremony Site Help - Reception site already booked with PEC

• My sister had her reception at PEC and the ceremony at McCalaster College chapel. They are a Lutheran/ Catholic couple too. I don't know what the rental fee was but it worked out really well. They're relatively close together, and we took wedding party pics right outside the chapel (it was July, though... probably too cold in November).
  • We are doing our ceremony at PEC, so I can comment on that. Most of the tables are set up beforehand with centerpieces and everything (although I'm not sure if there will be glasses and such already for dinner). They can put chairs on the dance floor but not enough for everyone (I'm not sure if they would do a full room changeover if you had a longer gap, but it would be a bit of a pain for guests to either leave or move around the room as they're setting up). After the ceremony, they take down the chairs and set up the few tables on the dance floor if needed, plus the head table or whatever table you would have on the stage.

It wasn't ideal in my mind to have people sitting at tables for the ceremony, but in the end I think it works better. This way, no one has to go anywhere once they're at the PEC. We have a shuttle going to and from the hotel so they don't even have to drive anywhere. Less getting lost. We also had trouble finding a reasonably priced ceremony only venue, so this was the best option for that reason as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Check out Bigelow Chapel @ United Theological Seminary. That's where we are doing ours and it is a gorgeous church and anyone can be married there. It was either 1,000 or 800 for the rental...I can't remember. It does have maximum capacity of 200 though.
    Halloween
  • I'm a little late here but thought I would share my experience with you.I just attended a wedding at PEC in the Casablanca Hall. They had the ceremony there as well. All of the tables were set up prior to the ceremony. They had a small number of chairs on the dance floor in front of the stage that about 16 of us family and close friends got to sit in for the ceremony, you would not be able to fit 250. They did a cocktail hour after the ceremony while the change over happened, PEC removed the chairs from the dance floor and set up the head table on the stage. It was all very seamless. I too was skeptical, but with the ceremony being on stage there wasn't one person who couldn't see them during the ceremony. I was 'anti-Profile' before this but really fell in love with it and we are considering it for our wedding as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards