Pre-wedding Parties

Need advice for a thank you card

Fellow knotties, I need your help!

My cousin recently got married and she's in the process of writing her Thank You cards and she's come upon an uncomfortable situation. 

What would you do, if you're very GOOD friend, who gave you a gift at your Bridal Shower, and whom you still exchange gifts with on Birthdays, Christmas, go on SPA dates, get your nails done together didn't give you anything on your wedding and on your card just signed her name with no "good luck, wish you the best, yadda yadda yadda". This friend was not a BM as my cousin kept it to a BM and MOH (her sister).

My cousin doesn't know how to write her Thank You card, because this is very unlike her friend.  I told her she should just Thank her for attending.  She's concerned her friend may have "forgotten" to give them a gift, but I told her she can't expect anything, which she understands but because of their friendship (as mentioned above) she finds it odd and thinks her friend would be offended if the Thank you wasn't addressed with "Thank you for sharing our special day with us, and thank you for your generous gift" as she is writing in others.

Any advice would be great!

Re: Need advice for a thank you card

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards