Getting in Shape
Options

*Nebb and/or raynes* or anyone working with measurements

So I guess I can also introduce myself since I recently came out of the lurking closet.  I'm Jen, I'm in Chicago, from TX originally and getting married in San Antonio on Oct. 16th.  I did WW after discovering I couldn't fit in my pants and had a huge muffin top over Thanksgiving.  During my three or so months at WW, I lost about 16 lbs. but I could never find a balance between my high level of activity and my points.  Basically, at one point I was making small gains every week because I felt like I wasn't getting enough points and my body was in starvation/keeping fat mode.  So I have just been working on my own since the end of Feb. and had a couple of rough eating weeks (too many St Patty's day and March Madness celebrations) but I've been back on track now and ultimately because I was going to the gym and I assume all the muscle I built, I didn't really gain any weight during my rough times but now I'm working on loss again. 

My question is about measurements.  Do you measure every week or once a month?  I'm working on Daily Plate right now since I don't have the WW etools for tracking any more.  I measured for the first time last Tuesday and wondered if I should measure tomorrow along with a weekly weigh in or wait a little longer to see bigger results. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Nebb and/or raynes* or anyone working with measurements

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I personally only measure every other week. I used to measure every weekend and i became way too obsessed with losses/lack thereof, so i dropped it down to every other week and sometimes even then I skip and only do once a month.
  • Options
    Personally I try to step on the scale no more than once a week: same day, same time. Then I get out my tape measure about once a month to check my progress compared to how my clothes seem to be fitting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I do mine once a month.  I was doing them once every week  but like Nebb I found I became a little obsessive about losing or not losing.  In fact I'm doing mine on Wednesday...eep!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    I started out measuring weekly, but it was driving my batty, since I wasn't seeing a change.

Now I aim for about monthly.  I actually measure at the end of each stage of the lifting program I'm on.  Sort of seeing what each Stage is doing.

I think measuring any more frequently than biweekly will just make you crazy.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That was sort of what I was thinking:  weigh in once a week, measure once a month.  It's hard for me not to weigh in some days, especially after a few days of particularly healthful eating or good workouts but if I weigh in more than once a week, I start to get crazy because of all the fluctuations. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I measure once or twice a month, and weigh in weekly.  Like others said, it keeps me from going batty looking at the numbers.  I had to give up calorie counting bc I got so OCD about my intake.  I've got the Go Wear Fit monitor now, and I just try to make sure I'm burning ~1000 more cals than I'm eating, give or take depending on my exercise level.  Me= happier, scale= going down.  Yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards