Outdoor Weddings

October wedding..............

Not only am I looking for venues, but im having a hard time planning my wedding details. here's the basics. any ideas welcomed. Thanks in advance!
Time: 12;00 Midnight
Date : 10/31/13 Halloween
Colors: Black , camo,  Purple,  ( lighting issues)
in/out : outdoors prefered, but worried about the weather and temp.
sm/big : Small under 100 guest.
WP : 10 ( 4 BM) (4 GM) Bride, Groom
Venue : Need venue to host wedding, Reception will be held @ home.
Reception : All day, (Since we are getting married at 12:00 am, after the vowls have been said the WP and guest will travel to our home for the reception.) The reception will last from ( You make kiss the bride till those that decide to stay, Pass out from drunkenness or being exausted. I plan on having an all day party, then leaving later that evening.   What's your thoughts on this? Food Idea's?
?????? : Is it wrong to ask MOB,or MOG to handle food for reception?
**Hell's Belle**

Re: October wedding..............

• First of all, your wedding is almost two years away.   It's okay to start working on a "concept" but it's probably too early too worry about specific details.

Second, you do know that Halloween is on a Thursday night in 2013, right?  There is no way that I would be able to go to a wedding at midnight without taking the day off on Friday.  This is something you should discuss with your VIP guests (parents, siblings, closest friends) to make sure that they are okay with it.  If they are cool with it then I don't see any reason why you can't do it....it just seems like a really inconvenient time for people who have jobs (which by 2013, will hopefully be a lot more people than right now).

Third, yes, it's wrong to ask people to "handle" anything for your wedding.   If people offer to pay, or otherwise help, then it's okay to accept their offer, but it's not polite to ask anyone (even your parents).     If your wedding is more than you and your fiance can personally handle, then you should consider planning something you CAN do without assistance (financial or otherwise).

Fourth, the pink font is really hard to read....that's why most of us stick with black.
    DSC_9275
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless you were a close friend or family member, I would decline a midnight wedding invitation.  I would also imagine those with kids and the elderly (including my parents) would have an issue with a wedding this late in the evening.  Is there a reason why you would like a midnight wedding?

ETA:  The time might be problematic with venues, noise laws, and vendors.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:d8acb364-b191-420b-9f7c-bb3cf26ca386Post:4bbc10fd-8281-4405-8351-483f17a4fa1c">October wedding..............</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not only am I looking for venues, but im having a hard time planning my wedding details. here's the basics. any ideas welcomed. Thanks in advance! <div>
    <div>Time: 12;00 Midnight </div><div>Date : 10/31/13 Halloween </div><div>Colors: Black , camo,  Purple,  ( lighting issues) </div><div>in/out : outdoors prefered, but worried about the weather and temp. </div><div>sm/big : Small under 100 guest. </div><div>WP : 10 ( 4 BM) (4 GM) Bride, Groom </div><div>Venue : Need venue to host wedding, Reception will be held @ home. </div><div>Reception : All day, (Since we are getting married at 12:00 am, after the vowls have been said the WP and guest will travel to our home for the reception.) The reception will last from ( You make kiss the bride till those that decide to stay, Pass out from drunkenness or being exausted. I plan on having an all day party, then leaving later that evening.   </div><div>
    </div><div>What's your thoughts on this? Food Idea's? ?????? : Is it wrong to ask MOB,or MOG to handle food for reception?
    Posted by amc2011110407[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Everything about this is just silly. 
    A lot of people who have jobs are going to have a hard time being awake until even midnight, let alone being able to come back and celebrate with you. Also, I'm assuming at midnight in October it's going to be pretty chilly. 
    I have to agree with PP, unless I was your mother or other immediate family (sister), I would decline this invitation. And if I were your mother, I would talk every ounce of sense into you not to do your wedding this way, it will be miserable for all of your guests. WHy can't it be earlier? And on a weekend?
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:d8acb364-b191-420b-9f7c-bb3cf26ca386Post:f9ea8144-8e85-4f5c-872d-30c9a3e00465">Re: October wedding..............</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

From reading her Bio, I imagine pretty young.

ETA:  Make that 21 to be exact

• Aside from all the points already brought up, yes it would be VERY wrong to ask the moms to handle the food.  Nothing says "It's my child's wedding day" like being stuck handling the food while everyone else is having a good time.  You are going to be greatly disapointed with the attendance at your wedding if you keep these plans.  Oh, wait, others already covered that.
  • Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:d8acb364-b191-420b-9f7c-bb3cf26ca386Post:442ea115-6514-4b6c-a638-7ebdb093ce6a">Re: October wedding..............</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everything about this is just silly.  A lot of people who have jobs are going to have a hard time being awake until even midnight, let alone being able to come back and celebrate with you. Also, I'm assuming at midnight in October it's going to be pretty chilly.  I have to agree with PP, unless I was your mother or other immediate family (sister), I would decline this invitation. And if I were your mother, I would talk every ounce of sense into you not to do your wedding this way, it will be miserable for all of your guests. WHy can't it be earlier? And on a weekend?
    Posted by Joker1628[/QUOTE]

I agree, However if your heart is set on having an weekday wedding at midnight be prepared to have only the most important guests there. What about your grandparents? Will they be willing to stay up? What about friends with children? Please do not have children be in the wedding party that are younger than in their teens.

As far a venues you need to get with your local board.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Maybe it is just my family, but I don't think a midnight wedding is going to go over very well.  I have heard of a weekday wedding with close family and friends with a cake/punch reception, but these plans would require them to take off a second day, and if you have younger guests, they aren't going to want to go to school.  

Just my opinion, camo and purple aren't great together.  I for one love camo, and even purple.  Just not together.  Green and purple may be ok, but not camo and purple.  
  • I'd rethink the time of your wedding.  If you are set on using Halloween (Thursday) night, then I'd have it at 6 or 7 to allow people to get done with work and to leave at a reasonable time to get some sleep to go back to work the next day. 
    I think you are trying to do something unique and special, which might sound fun... but would be very hard on your guests.  Add the unique flair in other areas.  LIke have some fun candy favors (Gummy spiders for Halloween) or great spooky centerpieces. 

I'd also rethink having the mom's do the food.  That is a lot to ask of them.  Also - how will the food be ready for the reception right after the ceremony if they are participating in the ceremony? 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1) Midnight start time = crazy; no one will come.
    2) Midnight, October 31, North Carolina, Outdoor = FREEZING; those who do come will be uncomfortable.
    3) The wedding party's only job is to show up in costume. Asking them to handle food or anything else is asking way too much.

You need to rethink your entire plan.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:d8acb364-b191-420b-9f7c-bb3cf26ca386Post:ce73ed5d-afee-43d5-a74e-fefd80895bfe">Re: October wedding..............</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October wedding.............. : From reading her Bio, I imagine pretty young. ETA:  Make that 21 to be exact
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's a bit insulting. People of all ages have crazy & not so crazy ideas for events(not just weddings). </div><div>
    </div><div>However, the whole wedding idea seems a bit stretched, BUT if it's ok with you guests & no one has an issue, go right ahead. It is my opinion though you be prepared for probable change in your plans

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:d8acb364-b191-420b-9f7c-bb3cf26ca386Post:aed8b6c7-f08b-4c81-8bc6-5d6812877ae9">Re: October wedding..............</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October wedding.............. :<strong> That's a bit insulting. People of all ages have crazy & not so crazy ideas for events(not just weddings). </strong> However, the whole wedding idea seems a bit stretched, BUT if it's ok with you guests & no one has an issue, go right ahead. It is my opinion though you be prepared for probable change in your plans
    Posted by Toshi6[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed. I'm 21 as well but I'd say I've got about  10 maturity years more than most 21 year olds. I'm actually afraid to say my age on TK because I know I'll be bombarded about it, regardless of if I've said anything to indicate I'm "too young"
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:d8acb364-b191-420b-9f7c-bb3cf26ca386Post:aed8b6c7-f08b-4c81-8bc6-5d6812877ae9">Re: October wedding..............</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October wedding.............. : That's a bit insulting. People of all ages have crazy & not so crazy ideas for events(not just weddings).  Posted by Toshi6[/QUOTE]

Okay.  Let me rephrase:  How old are you because your planning sounds like it is coming from a 15 year old who is making unrealistic plans.

Better? Don't it personally when knotties ask someone how old they are.  It's a way of saying you sound too immature to be getting married.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:d8acb364-b191-420b-9f7c-bb3cf26ca386Post:aed8b6c7-f08b-4c81-8bc6-5d6812877ae9">Re: October wedding..............</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October wedding.............. : That's a bit insulting. People of all ages have crazy & not so crazy ideas for events(not just weddings).  However, the whole wedding idea seems a bit stretched, BUT if it's ok with you guests & no one has an issue, go right ahead. It is my opinion though you be prepared for probable change in your plans
    Posted by Toshi6[/QUOTE]

What?  That I answered someones' question from reading OP's bio?

I did not say anything insulting...at all.  I'm not the one who is saying "crazy and not so crazy ideas for events (not just weddings)."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:d8acb364-b191-420b-9f7c-bb3cf26ca386Post:c5d123a8-de1f-446c-9d25-56e765a3f5b4">Re: October wedding..............</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October wedding.............. : Okay.  Let me rephrase:  How old are you because your planning sounds like it is coming from a 15 year old who is making unrealistic plans. Better? Don't it personally when knotties ask someone how old they are. <strong> It's a way of saying you sound too immature to be getting married.</strong>
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

<div>^ Saying that in itself is insulting, and WILL be taken personally. Though I do agree that her plans are unrealistic...</div>
  • You should check out www.antebellumweddings.net for a barn wedding!!! Perfect venue!!!
  • Midnight wedding meght be original and romantic, but surely it's not practical.... Maybe you start earlier and make a special somethnig for midnight...? I know you are the most important person and it's your ceremony and special day and everything, but I think that you do want to enjoy it with your loved ones, so you have to take their preferences into account when planning, so they also have a good time and save great memories....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards