Virginia

In need of an affordable caterer in Hampton Roads, VA

I have been searching for a caterer for my October wedding and so far no luck in finding someone affordable, any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In need of an affordable caterer in Hampton Roads, VA

• How many people are you having and what is your budget for catering?
  • I'm right there with you elephantdanzer... caterers are OUTRAGEOUS!!!! It seems like there is no "budget friendly" catering around. I have been searching. Personally, for our wedding we are going to have around 30 people, plus or minus about 5 or so... I think it's crazy to pay 40 dollars a plate etc..  i mean I know thats "wedding" prices, but come on, Im not having that many people food shouldn't cost 1500 dollars! I'm contemplating having the reception in our back yard and just grilling because it's so DANG EXPENSIVE! Any suggestions are welcomed lol :)
  • I got married in October 2010 at Berkeley Plantation in Charles City.  We had around 85 guests for the outdoor ceremony and reception.  We wanted budget friendly catering and found Williamsburg Concession and Catering which fit the bill.  We  had a pretty casual reception with a carving station, a pasta station, and a salad station plus hors d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour.  We also rented our place settings from them and received a nicely packed take-away basket which was put in our limo before we left for our B&B.  I think there was also a minor cake-cutting fee but for everything we paid less than $3000.  I know that they also do plated meals.  The owner, Cassie Whitney, is very friendly and the food was great.

The website isn't very good, but it does give some generic menu options.  When we sat down to discuss the menu (she came to my home to meet with me and discuss what I wanted) she had a far larger range of dishes to choose from.  We didn't do a formal tasting because we had been to other events she catered and knew the quality of the food already but I'm sure that is an option.

The website is:  http://wbgcc.net/default.aspx
  • Beach Bully is so yummy, though I've never had it at a wedding :)
    You might also check some of the local grocery stores.  I know Farm Fresh does an excellent job and should be more affordable than other private caterers.
  • I would recommend this caterer because my sister used them for her wedding in virginia beach and the food was amazing and prices were inexpensive.

thier on the knot at : http://virginiacatering.homestead.com/

• Hi, I am the owner of Q and A Caterers. My worker and I come to peoples event with our very own cooking materials and fresh food. I been working in the catering and cooking field for 11 years. Mt wife and I had started Q and A Caterers to help people out with affordable prices. You can feel free to look over my website www.qandacaterers.com You can also leave me an email qt quinto@qandacaterers.com I look forward to hearing from you. Thank You
  • Yes, try out Q and A Caterers they are An Off Premise Catering Company and they will work it out with you. www.qandacaterers.com and leave them a message.
  • Unfortunately, you can't advertise your services here on the forums.  You've been reported.
  • we've picked williamsburg concession and catering, yummy food and great prices...we did our taste testing earlier this week and we are definitely pleased!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards