Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Invite question

So we designed our pocketfold invite yesterday at The Paper Depot for 1.52 each! Awesome score that is including rsvp envelope & outer envelope.

Anyways...

In the pocketfold folder is it okday to have the big one be directions, middile one rsvp, and smallest one to be accommodations?

Re: Invite question

• Options
    bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's how mine was. I got a pocketfold designed through paper depot as well...and that's exactly how my inserts were!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Perfect! I figured it would be fine. Did you have them cut your paper and dye cuts too? I am opting to do that cause I want it done right. One more question did you cut the paper and then print the invites? Im using that shiny paper.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the pocketfolds, I actually got very lucky and found them on the clearance shelf -- a bride ordered them and paid the extra cost for Paper Depot to cut them and then decided to change her mind. So, they put the pocketfolds out to sell and I just happen to be there at the right time and snagged them.

As for the paper -- I used the 150# star dream paper (shiny) for the RSVP and then for the other inserts I just used 80# cream paper (matte). I actually had them printed and THEN cut all at Office Max in Burnsville - cost me a whopping $27 for 135 invites. I would recommend printing and then cutting, and of course doing a lot of trial runs before hand.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can do whatever you want!  I did RSVPs the smallest because I needed to buy more expensive paper for them and wanted to keep that down to a minimum.  I ended up making post cards that fit exactly 4 to a page just so there was no waste of that heavier (and costlier) paper.  If that part doesn't matter much to you, there isn't a reason in the world to stop you from doing whatever your heart desires!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like Witty said, you can do whatever you want!

My RSVP's also fit 4 to a page and it was the 2nd smallest insert. So as long you are consciousness about your size of insert, you should be ok. However, if you have your sheet from Paper Depot that gave you all the measurements and such, they should of noted how many inserts you can get out of one 8.5x11" sheet of paper.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards