New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Bosco's Bridal Show

Did anyone make it to the Bosco Bridal Show at the Doubletree in Tarrytown today? It was OK. The best part was that we spoke to a travel agent who specializes in Sandals resorts, and had a lot of info for us so we'll probably go through him to book our honeymoon (we're pretty settled on St. Lucia).

Also, Bosco was advertising that if you bought a ticket to the show online ($5), you would get a set of wedding bands for free from this jeweler online. So, we get home and pick out a ring for FI (I have my grandmother's wedding band) and the shipping is $100! Too good to be true!

All in all, it was an OK show. Still haven't been to one that we've had a really good time at. Oh well. Just wondering if any other Knotties happened to be there :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Bosco's Bridal Show

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went last year.  It wasn't anything special or over the top but we also got the rings.  Only had to pay $50 for shipping but figured for $600 worth of rings we'd take it even if we never used them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I can't believe they doubled the price for shipping since last year! They are doing a show at Villa Barone next week - think it'll be the same vendors?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    ROCCO6ROCCO6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at the show and I feel it was great. He had 126 Brides and they all seem to be happy. He gave away 5 $100.00 bills to brides and I did not see them complaining. There were over 40 vendors that we saw and I received alot of great information. Also, we received $100.00 Bosco Bucks which we used when booking our DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if they would be the same vendors or not.  I only went to the one show. But given past experiences from attending other shows...yes it is usually the same vendors and then a few new ones.  Especially if they are local.  Best of luck with your planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sandals is great! I'm going again in 18 days to get married at Grande Riviera Ocho Rios Jamaica!  They are having GREAT deals on-line.  The sandals on-line agents are great.  We made hotel and air reservations right on the Sandals site.  Paid $400 upfront to hold room and paid off as we wanted (upto 30 days prior) but airfare had to be paid in full.  or if using points just book room and then you call them w flight info so they pick you up at airport!!! Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards