October 2012 Weddings

What are your ideas for your cake table and sweetheart table?

Cake table we are doing a pearl and gold garland with some rose peddles and tea light candles. For sweetheart table we are doing some square vases, maybe about 8" tall, on the sides and one longer one in the middle, with some ivory roses and mango calla lillies in them. Hard to explain. It might change a little depending on how I feel when I go to order the vases. I'll have to post an inspiration pic later on when I get home from work. Anyway... so what about you all?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What are your ideas for your cake table and sweetheart table?

• For the cake table have votives and for the sweetheart table we are decorating it with my bouquet and my 9 bridesmaid bouquets!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 169 Invited image
    60 Yes image
    16 No image
    93 Have me praying for the mailman! image
  • We're not decorating the cake table. The sweetheart table will have a separate table number frame with our photos in it, and a mason jar that I will keep my bouquet in.
    Anniversary
  • So, this will probably seem a little over the top for a cake table, but it will be a focal point right when you walk in the room and we wanted it to make a statement!  Anyways, it will look a lot like this picture, but with a different cake and the orchids in the vase will be fuschia phalaenopsis orchids.  We are having purple lighting and there will be a spot light on the cake, so with the LED lights at the bottom of the vase, I think it's going to look sooo cool!!  I'm really excited about this part of the wedding :)

This is actually from a wedding I did last year.

For our sweatheart table, it will look pretty much just like this picture.  Same linens and flowers.  We will also add MR and MRS letters on either side of the centerpiece.

dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • For our cake table it will have a white satin floor-length linen, the cake (obviously) as well as votives and rose petals.

We are doing a head table instead of the sweetheart so it'll get an entire backdrop, floor length black satin linen and have all of the girls bouquets on it.
    Anniversary
  • My cake table will be very simple.  I am renting a silver cake riser, and we'll decorate the table itself with some flower petals and a few votives.

For our sweetheart table, we are going to have votives in mason jars, a vase for my bouquet in the center, and these signs from Etsy:

Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_what-are-your-ideas-for-your-cake-table-and-sweetheart-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:1ad1e732-bd50-4df5-81a6-d5a887015287Post:ace01b81-20c5-445c-99df-72ce4d00721c">Re: What are your ideas for your cake table and sweetheart table?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cake table will be very simple.  I am renting a silver cake riser, and we'll decorate the table itself with some flower petals and a few votives. For our sweetheart table, we are going to have votives in mason jars, a vase for my bouquet in the center,<strong> and these signs from Etsy:</strong>
    Posted by CarolineandDean[/QUOTE]

Love the signs!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We're decorating the cake table with a sign we're currently making. It's wood letters that we painted our colors that spell out "we do." We're attaching the letters to another piece of wood and placing a masquerade mask between the two words. Then in the opeing of the "d" and the "o" we're putting pictures of the two of us. Plus the venue already decorates it with tulle and lights, so I think that's plenty. We're having a head table instead of sweetheart table that will be decorated with tulle and lights as well as the BM bouquets. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards