Hawaii
Options

STDs for AHR?

We've given out the STDs for those that are actually invited to the wedding, but we just realized that we should we send out STDs for the AHR, it's going to be a Sunday in June, so we probably should right?  And if we do, any recommendations for wording it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: STDs for AHR?

• Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends!  I would do the same thing but something along the lines of getting married privately but would love to celebrate with you!  Try googling wording!

I'm not doing a STD for our AHR.  It's just personally not worth it because my family members are the only ones coming into town and they already know the date.  We're just going to send the AHR invite out 1.5-2 months before so that everyone has ample time to get off work if they need to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got Save the dates for the AHR that we are sending out . . .we are inviting about 130 people. I ordered them from Wedding paper divas and its a post card so it has a front and back. On the front it says "save the date for our reception" with our picture/ names/ date and then on the back we put a little poem about the beach and then a little message saying we are having a small ceremony in Maui but would love to have everyone help us celebrate once we returned home. This isnt word for word but I though it was cute. :) Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Generally speaking, these invitations go out at the same time as an invitation for a local wedding, and STDs aren't necessary.  They're usually only really necessary for destination weddings or if you're having a wedding far from where one side or another lives - and even then, you could just send out your invitations 8 weeks in advance and you'd probably be fine.  Since it's local, in most cases you just don't need to do a STD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards