Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Wedding Gifts

So now that I'm a married lady, DH and I ran into a slight problem. We got a card from one of our friends with no gift. No big deal but kind of weird. Then we got a gift that shows it was delivered in Chicago with no card. Would it be completely rude to ask the friend who gave us the card if they gave us a gift? I don't want to make them uncomfortable but I also don't want to look ungrateful and not send a thank you.

What do you ladies think?

Re: Wedding Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I do not think it would be impolite to ask them if the unlabeled gift was theirs. You need to know who to thank for the gift so I would just ask. You can just explain it nicely, we got your really sweet card and then a few days later we received a package from your area with now name, we just wanted to see if it came from you so we know who to thank.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending where the gift is from, most big places like Macy's, Williams Sonoma have an online thank you note manager that will let you know who got you what
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think that it's okay to say to the friend "Hey, did you by chance get us pots and pans from Target? They were delivered w/out saying who they're from..." but I wouldn't point out that you got their card w/no gift. If they couldn't afford to get you a gift, that would just call attention to it and probably make them feel bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards