North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Minister from home - now what?

Finally, I feel like I'm on a roll now with getting some planning done! And, you're right, it actually starts to get a little more exciting when you get some things lined up.

Anyhoodle....

Minister news:

I contacted Rev Jay b/c I thought no way in Hades was our paster from home was going to be able to make it. Rev Jay was available our day. But, in ironic twist of events our pastor from home was stoked to do our wedding in the OBX so he said he'd loved to do it.

No, the question comes... how do pay for his stay? He hasn't said anything about it, but I know it's the right thing to do. What do you think? How do I set this up?

Re: Minister from home - now what?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... I think I get too excited when I post stuff.... I always forget to spell check myself. (Bad teacher!!)
  • Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If any of your folks are staying in a hotel then I would book it at the same place.  If they're staying at a rental then I would probably find a hotel close to the house or the venue.

Anniversary
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Teach,
    We are bringing our pastor from home as well. We are paying for his stay. Actually, he is staying my future in-law's vacation home, so technically THEY are paying for his stay. We asked if he wanted to be paid an addition fee but he said no.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Rebecca and Sarah, you should pay for his lodging
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess the question is a) how far away is the trek & b) how long is he able to stay?

That may determine whether you rent them a condo, house, etc or *gasp* maybe the Best Western where they have little suites with kitchenettes?

I only gasp because I am sure to some it is not nice enough, but you never know what may suit them best until you talk with him, or his wife?

Sounds awesome- congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wondering and do not want to burst any bubbles, do your ministers from other states have to be licensed to perform a ceremony in OBX?  With all the other crazy rules they have, I thought I would ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards