Gothic Weddings

Wondering what everyone was upto...

1. What I am up to this week (WR) Waiting for my invite envelopes to arrive so I can start on a mockup

2. What I just changed my mind about (WR) The invites...decided to break down and do pocketfolds, they're just so pretty!

3. My newest idea (WR) Having a rehearsal breakfast on Sat morning (Sun day wedding means the rehearsal is at 11am) instead of a rehearsal dinner. Seems to make more sense timewise and we get the whole rest of the day to prepare and relax.

4. What I want to work on really soon (WR) Mock ups of the BM bouquets and finding a vintage broach for my necklace

5. What I am up to this week (NWR)  Date night tonight with the FI! Then enjoying a four day workweek, lol

Re: Wondering what everyone was upto...

• Since I have no WR stuff to worry about I thought i'd just tell everyone what's up in life right now.  *oh wait I dd do some WR stuff

1. What I am up to this week (NWR) I am working a stretch of evenings which always sucks because The Mr. and I are on differnet scheduals then and end up not really seing each other for like 2 weeks. However next weekend we're going away for my birthday and I cant wait.

2. What I kept changing my mind about (WR) The food. It was right down to the wire when we finally decided what we would have for everyone to eat.

3. My newest idea (NWR) Reupolstering our couch instead of buying a new one. I really, really like our couch but I really, really hate the patten and wish it was red. However I have no idea how much something like that costs!

4. What I want to work on really soon (NWR) Getting back on track at WW. I have been so awful this week but in my defence it is stupid girl time so my eating habits are abnormal right now to say the least. I just need to focus and realize that my end goal will be worth it.

Photobucket
  • edited January 2010
    I'm so glad you posted this! I was also wondering what everyone was up to. I have 5 months and 4 weeks to go, and as we all know that means that time is flying by and it's "make up my damn mind time". I've got lots to do and a lot of money to spend (not really a lot of money to spend, but I still need to spend it :( )

1. (WR) We owe $424 on the gown, and trying to make steady payments. We probably have the bridesmaids dresses picked out. We might change them slightly, but I'm only choosing from one company and they will be black and a very similar in style, and they all cost the same amount. They're about $150 each. I just need the girls to try them on and tell me if they are comfortable in strapless or if they would prefer straps on their gowns. The actual gown I have picked right now has spaghetti straps.

2. (WR) Our daughter went in and tried on some flower girl dresses so we could see what styles we like. They were all adorable, but I think I'm going long, elegant, and black with a huge black bow in the back. The dress we picked is $120 (ouch), but will be so beautiful and worth it!

3. (WR) FH and I got to go to our wedding site (a family friend's property) and set up a mock-up table setting, mock-up banquet tables with our glass bowls and a black table cloth, and set up some chairs in the ceremony spot to see how well they would fit in the space we have. They fit very well (thank the great gods and goddesses!) so no problem there. Plus we set up some very natural and earthy looking branch centerpieces. Very pretty. The wildlife we saw was amazing too. We saw some black tailed deer, a tree frog, a raven, and some little finches (and the property owners dogs, one of them is named Willow also!) . The property owners showed us around the property a little more. It will be very down-to-earth and family friendly.

4. (WR) We are trying to see if we can afford a professional photographer. We have a family friend who gave us a quote of $850 (ouch again!) but I REALLY want a photographer to capture EVERY moment!!! We're working on it....

5. (WR) I'm undecided about the cake (working on that), my exact bouquet (I know I want my roses! but with what?), we're experimenting with printing different styles of invitations (that's pretty fun), and I still haven't done our save-the-dates
    (gulp)

6. (WR) I'm also in the middle of figuring out my exact bridal accessories. I'm hoping to order a few this week ***fingers crossed*** I think I found the perfect shoes. Atleast I hope so, because I'm sick of searching :P I'm going to pick up some earrings, bracelets, and necklaces to go try on with my gown. Yay! Finally!

7. (NWR) I just uploaded a bunch of family pictures to my new profile on theknot. I've been spending a lot of time lately trying to keep little Willow out of stuff in the house. Fun, fun. She's learning a lot of new words and is obsessed with my Fire Mountain Gems catalogs right now. Whenever she she sees a star, heart, butterfly, leaf, etc she HAS to tell me. It's pretty fun though. :) My FH works the electronics dept at Walmart so he is pretty tired when he gets home because he is very knowledgeable and answers a LOT of customer questions. He comes home and we play with Willow, put her to sleep, and sometimes we drink a beer. Pretty basic life right now, but it's a good one.  

Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • 1. What I am up to this week (WR) Last night we went to band practice! FI is back in his band after a year long hiatus, but after talking to the band mates we've finalized the bridal party, have a DJ, band, and music for the ceremony, I looove our friends! Saturday we're getting our engagement pictures taken, yay! (I won an engagement package at a bridal show, or it would never be in our budget)

2. What I just changed my mind about (WR) Bridesmaids dresses, I think I've decided to go the route of letting the bridesmaids choose a style as long as it's red and knee length. All of my bridesmaids are completely different sizes and I hate when girls range from size 0 to plus size and they're all in the same dress. It just doesn't look good, and makes someone feel like crap.

3. My newest idea (WR) FI came up with the idea to ask our friend to DJ for us. Hes the drummer in FI's band and he works for the best DJ company in our part of the state. We're still just using a laptop and the band's PA, but this way he can introduce certain parts of the night and encourage people to dance when they need encouragement!

4. What I want to work on really soon (WR) I want to make at least 1 invite so I can see my idea in a physical form and be assured that it's not crap. We keep forgetting to get ink though and Hobby Lobby didn't have the right type of ribbon so we need to order it.

5. What I am up to this week (NWR) 
    It's my last week of freedom for a while, classes start up again next week. So naturally I've been insanely busy. Monday I had lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in 4 years or more. Yesterday, I tried to buy books (but my credit card that we just paid off was declined for some stupid reason, that's just my luck) then I went to the chiropractor and found out that years of cracking my neck has severely screwed up my neck and I'm in more pain now than I was going in. Tomorrow I'm going to my friends lame marketing america party thing but I'm dragging my FI with, then Friday I have a Mary Kay party that no one is coming too, and after that we'll go to our friends house to play some video games like always. Sunday we're going out to lunch with the in-laws and my grandparents. Then Monday, back to college, sadly.
  • 1. What I am up to this week (WR) Continuing to print, cut and assemble invitations. However, they will be stalled for awhile because I have to wait and figure out the ferry schedule for fall. I've emailed the people asking if they know when it'll be out...with no reply! So I'm hoping it comes out soon.

2. What I just changed my mind about (WR) Nothing so far... *crosses fingers*
    Though I'm kind of iffy on if we should have magenta roses in with our orange lillies and green mums. Not sure if it would look okay with our pool and tangerine color palette...I just didn't want to have tinted roses. I may break down and do it..I havn't decided though. Any thoughts?

3. My newest idea (WR) Including a third flavor (red velvet) in our cake...not sure though />.<

4. What I want to work on really soon (WR) Getting more DIY paper stuff done. Programs, menus, etc..

5. What I am up to this week (NWR)  Going to an interview tomorrow for a job *crosses fingers*, classes, and taking care of Sabrina! Her 1st birthday is on the 4th, so I'm trying to figure out what to do for that. I may take her to the zoo or something...just not sure :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards