Not Engaged Yet
Options

$6 Wine and an Ice Cream Sundae

Yep, I'm that pathetic. But mmmmm....so good! I'm tired, and today was icky at work (as most of them are), and the normally 7 minute drive home took half an hour cause of snow, so I feel I have earned this. I'm actually not even supposed to eat dairy, but BF likes ice cream, so I keep it in the freezer for him. Guess that makes it even more of a treat.

How's the weather where you are? We got dumped on today, which sucks cause I didn't wear boots this morning. Anyone who can sympathize with my need for ice cream and cheap wine?

He pretty much had me at "hello".
-- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --

Re: $6 Wine and an Ice Cream Sundae

• Options
    Soon2BJeterSoon2BJeter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds pretty amazing right about now!!  It's cold, rainy, and dreary here in Missouri.  And I've been in the dumps all day missing my BF - LDR are no fun at all!!  I may have to steal your idea and have me a glass of cheap wine aswell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmm. Wine and ice cream sounds fabulous right now! Weather here is silly. We have had an inch or so of snow every night and then it warms to about 35 during the day. There is only about 6 inches of snow outside because most of it melts throughout the day. No real sun for months. Uhg.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's cold and icky here and we're supposed to get ice or something for tomorrows morning commute...blah...I'm not supposed to have dairy either and I don't feel like getting sick so have some more for me. lol
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Button, I have already more than surpassed my daily dairy limitation after that bowl of ice cream. I can usually handle 1 or less dairy product per week. And that's in a small serving. 

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having terrible weather today. I'm hoping work will be closed tomorrow if it keeps up. *Crosses fingers*
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Anne, what's up with your roommate situation? I've been meaning to ask. You haven't been around as much lately, I think b/c they found you on here. Just curious. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oohh wine and ice cream! Sounds perfect! Today has definately been a wine & ice cream day!

My weather has been pretty nice, it was suppose to rain all day, but it's currently clear, slightly warm and breezy! All in all, pretty nice weather! I'm blessed to live in Southern Cali!

The rest of my day though... blah! My bf's mother showed up unannounced this morning with thier beagle for a week long stay! We had no idea that she was coming, she decided that she didn't want to stay in her house alone this week. (My bf's dad stays with us 2 or 3 nights a week, since his work commute is 2 hours long each way). She came in with a ton of food for us, not stuff we like, and commented on how depressing our living-room is because it is painted 2 shades of grey and complained that our new leather couch is way to big and a bad idea because of our dog. She then proceeded to complain about the paint color some more! So, I escaped and went to meet my bf for lunch, which he was an hour late too.. plus I don't have any subbing jobs lined up for tomorrow! Which means his parents will continue to tell me I need to find a new career field, since teaching isn't very stable right now...

So I am currently hiding in our room, wasting time on here and contemplating drinking now or escaping the house completely and drinking/hookahing it with a friend... Hopefully I get called to sub tomorrow!!

Sorry so long, I had to vent a bit! I can't wait for my bf to get home so we can go play tennis and run for a bit!
    ~*~ Like an old-fashioned story book rhyme... just livin' on love ~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Desertsun, I'll send you a PM. Anyone else who wants to know, I can PM you as well. But, I'm not going to post it publicly. 

And SigKapLily...sounds like Bf's Mom is a real gem! You definitely deserve a drink for all that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, she can be a real gem! Taco's are on the menu for dinner, so it's going to be all about the Pacificos my bf is bringing home for me cuz he loves me!

Horray Pacifico!
  • Options
    Soon2BJeterSoon2BJeter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my!  Screw just a drink - you need the whole bottle!!  I feel for you!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_6-wine-ice-cream-sundae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:177b45aa-0e97-4311-9faf-1448379e9221Post:8e33beb1-fb58-4987-8353-36c5f2b47e69">Re: $6 Wine and an Ice Cream Sundae</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oohh wine and ice cream! Sounds perfect! Today has definately been a wine & ice cream day! My weather has been pretty nice, it was suppose to rain all day, but it's currently clear, slightly warm and breezy! All in all, pretty nice weather! I'm blessed to live in Southern Cali! The rest of my day though... blah! My bf's mother showed up unannounced this morning with thier beagle for a week long stay! We had no idea that she was coming, she decided that she didn't want to stay in her house alone this week. (My bf's dad stays with us 2 or 3 nights a week, since his work commute is 2 hours long each way). She came in with a ton of food for us, not stuff we like, and commented on how depressing our living-room is because it is painted 2 shades of grey and complained that our new leather couch is way to big and a bad idea because of our dog. She then proceeded to complain about the paint color some more! So, I escaped and went to meet my bf for lunch, which he was an hour late too.. plus I don't have any subbing jobs lined up for tomorrow! Which means his parents will continue to tell me I need to find a new career field, since teaching isn't very stable right now... So I am currently hiding in our room, wasting time on here and contemplating drinking now or escaping the house completely and drinking/hookahing it with a friend... Hopefully I get called to sub tomorrow!! Sorry so long, I had to vent a bit! I can't wait for my bf to get home so we can go play tennis and run for a bit!
    Posted by SigKapLily[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, sometimes I feel they're going to drive me to drinking!

I just have to remember that it doesn't matter what other people think, it's our house and we like it/like what we're doing to it and enjoy fixing it up together and making it ours!
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ANNE, please fill me in as well. I have been thinking about you lately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards