Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Photographer

So I need some suggestions, I looked through a lot of old posts but  I just need your help. I have been looking for a photographer since July and I can not seem to be satisfied when I look at there pages. I liked Minnig's photography but I have been very skeptical and now even more with the recent posts. I would like someone that does excellent photos and I need suggestions. I looked at Solas too bc everyone recommended them but they do not do actual prints and I really have no clue how to go about getting them done! I guess I am just getting desperate since a lot of places are getting booked and photos are very important to my fiance and I.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Leslie Gilbert and i LOVE her!  She's fabulous and takes the best photos.  If you want, I can send you my engagement pictures for you to see.  How much are you willing to spend?  She does to prints and they range from $12 for a 4x6 to $25 for an 8 X 10.  

She actually just won the knot best of weddings 2010.

good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    susschen22susschen22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't say too much as far as photographers as you already looked into my photographer but as far as getting prints done, if you really like Solas for photography don't let that scare you off.  There are great sites that many photographers use (such as http://www.adorama.com or http://www.mpix.com) that you could easily get prints from.  Hope that helps!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.photolephotography.com
    You can read my review here: http://tinyurl.com/ygex6y6
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a package where you get your hi-res images on DVD, you can print them anywhere from Walmart to Shutterfly to mpix and up. 

My photographers:
    Shannon Confair
    Mike Landis
    Jenn Childress
    Krisha Martzall
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used captured by kate (capturedbykatephoto.net). if you want login info to see my albums email me at steeser03 at yahoo dot com.

i got all of my photos on a thumb drive from her and printed them at shutterfly. we even had some blown up and framed and matted and they turned out perfectly.

i also printed my e-pics at target just because i was only putting a few in a collage frame. they still turned out great. i did do one 8 x 10 and that was fine too.

printing yourself is easy and i think you'll be satisfied.
  • Options
    tresslertressler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks ladies and ericalg yes I would like to see your engagement photos. my email is Morgan Brubaker at mail dot com The pricing doesnt matter so much we just want good photos of course the cheaper is always better if they have awesome photos. I emailed Solas and they have my date booked. So thanks ladies I will check out the photographers you mentioned and post back if I need more help!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    email sent!  let me know if you don't get it. 
  • Options
    abioli3abioli3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    we are using:

marty miller
    www.photobymiller.com

my sister used him, and our family has used him for other things like sr. photos and stuff. great guy to work with!
    ~sea salt in your hair and sand between your toes, makes for a happy soul~
    Upstate South Carolina Bride June 2014
  • Options
    MakeupbyTrishMakeupbyTrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Just saw Leslie's work and her work is amazing.  Very nice.

I also would recommend http://www.cornettphotography.com/
  • Options
    tresslertressler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I have emailed a few of the ones you ladies have sent! Solas was booked so I am waiting to hear from a few more. I appreciate all your help and I feel a lot more comfortable going with digital prints thanks to your advice.
  • Options
    caracbearacaracbeara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Frank King Photography. His work is beautiful and they do prints! We're getting a large wall print included in our wedding package!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally not a fan of King or Conte due to the large cost when you're only getting the name and not the skill of Conte or King since they'e rarely the ones that show up to do your wedding.  We used Mary Steinbacher and she was fantastic.  Michelle Peters is great as well.
  • Options
    zinniafanzinniafan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for someone who has a creative pj approach and high-end products, but reasonable prices, check out www.LisaRhinehartPhotography.com

http://myrealwedding.theknot.com/photo/view/Pennsylvania-Wedding-Photography-3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards