Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Aruba...

My FI & I are heading to Aruba on our honeymoon and we are trying to look into a romantic dinner by the ocean at sunset  for one of our nights.

Anyone recommend anything?

We heard about flying fishbone, but heard it is very expensive....

We are pretty much open to anything.

TIA! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Aruba...

• Options
    I was going to recommend the Flying Fishbone. Yes, it isn't cheap, but where else will you find something as unique as that venue. To me, it was worth it!
  • Options
    Marandi!! http://www.marandi-aruba.com/

I ate there a few years ago and it was the best meal I had in Aruba.  It is near the airport (no noise though) and right on the water.  Make a reservation before you go down for sunset.  It is breathtaking.  There is a gallery on their website, but it doesn't do it justice.

It is not cheap either, but for Aruba I think it is quite reasonable, especially given the location (under $30 for an entree (I think their website quotes US dollars).

Que Pasa is also owned by the same owners as Marandi and it was excellent, but it is in downtown Oranjestad, so you won't get a view.

Have fun!
  • Options

Flying fishbone is absolutely worth it, but you HAVE to go to la Trattoria el Faro Blanco. It's at the lighthouse on the tip of the island, and if you make a reservation for sunset and sit outside, the view is incredible. And, the food is amazing if you like italian. From what I remember, it's not too pricey.

http://www.aruba-latrattoria.com/

• Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions I will look into these they sound amazing! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We really liked the Flying Fishbone and the price wasnt bad at all- just think pricing similar to a nice steakhouse. I would recommend bug spray though- we had a beautiful table on the water at sunset but I as getting eaten alive. They had some at the restaurant too, but if you bring your own you can be pro-active haha
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    The Old Man and the Sea and Passions are two of our favorite seaside restaurants.  We've been to Aruba three times, including our honeymoon, and have enjoyed dinner at both retaurants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards