Hawaii
Options

Thanksgiving

It's been quiet on this board this weekend! Must be all the holiday madness Cool

What did all you ladies do for Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it)???

I was lucky enough to be able to travel from NY to CA to be with my family! I got 5 days off from school and have been enjoying my time at home. We had a dinner at my aunt's house, and the next day my mom cooked all of our favorite T-day food at home. I got in some surfing time with my dad, enjoyed the sun, met up with some old friends and got to see my older brother who was visiting from Japan. Life has been good! I'm sad to go back to school, but it's only for 3 more weeks and then Christmas! Yay!

Thankful for all you wonderful Knottie ladies on this board!

Re: Thanksgiving

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's been quiet on this board this weekend! Must be all the holiday madness Cool

What did all you ladies do for Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it)???

I was lucky enough to be able to travel from NY to CA to be with my family! I got 5 days off from school and have been enjoying my time at home. We had a dinner at my aunt's house, and the next day my mom cooked all of our favorite T-day food at home. I got in some surfing time with my dad, enjoyed the sun, met up with some old friends and got to see my older brother who was visiting from Japan. Life has been good! I'm sad to go back to school, but it's only for 3 more weeks and then Christmas! Yay!

Thankful for all you wonderful Knottie ladies on this board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had ours in October (the 2nd Monday). I went back home to Ottawa (and then up to the family cottage) for the weekend. It was awesome! I totally hear you on the 3 week Christmas countdown! I count down by Mondays... it makes it easier if I think of it in those terms.

I cannot WAIT for the holidays! I'm going to live in my pjs for 3 days (Christmas, Boxing day and the 27th), forget that I have marking to do and pig out on nomminess!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to my mom's in CA, ate lots of tasty goodness, and went to Yosemite on Friday.  We had a great time, and now I'm bummed to have to go back to work tomorrow.
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since my parents and sis were here, I decided to co-host (w/my MOH) Thanksgiving at our apartment. It was the first time for me making Thanksgiving food (I usually do all the dessert baking) and the first time spending it with my family in 7 years! I was kinda worried about space since we were having about 11 people over in our small apartment, but everything worked out great! There was plenty of space, all the food came out perfect! MOH did an awesome job with the turkey! Everyone enjoyed themselves, so my first Thanksgiving was a success! It was one of the best Thanksgivings I've had. Smile

But now I'm in holiday mode! Miss my family, but we'll be seeing them in about 3-4 weeks. Can't wait for the snow!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...ahh we traveled to granville, OH (have you heard of it? yeah, me neither before FI). it's your classic small town america.
    but FI's grandfather has a huge property with tons of woods and nature. we saw a lot of wild turkey and deer. and raccoons.
    it was nice to go from hustle and bustle NYC to quiet town granville.

i hate being at work today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to my FI Aunt's house.  We had a lot of laughs. They live here in the Boston area.  Then Friday, I got up at 5:00am and went to Staples to buy my new lap top.  Got home by 6:30am and went back to bed! LOL.
    I can't wait for the Christmas. I'm off from the 23rd until Jan 4th.  I really need the break.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards