Tennessee

Venue Ideas in Knoxville

So, my wedding is still goog ways off, about 2 years-please don't judge me like the bridal shop did-and I have a problem.  I really, really want to be married in a church with a reception else where.  Problem is that we are currently between churches with no home church.  Also we are on a tight budget, my parents are paying and I don't want to strain them fianancially.  And we will probably have anywhere from 100 to 150 people in attendance.  Any ideas for me? I really do realize that this is really soon to be planning, but we are wanting to get married as soon as I get out of school (like a week after graduation) so I am trying to compensate for all of the studying I'll be busy with in the next 2 years.
Thanks,
Lynsee

Re: Venue Ideas in Knoxville

• edited December 2011
    I love my church-- First United Methodist of Knoxville! We have a sanctuary with seating for up to 400 (though I personally wouldn't try more than 300- it would be a tight fit!), and we also have a pavilion on the Tennessee River. Our pastor is fantastic too! I can't remember what non-member fees are, but they are really reasonable. We also have a great College/Young Adults Ministry that meets every Thursday at 8PM for dinner, worship, and Bible study, and we'd love to have you and your fiance there! Here's the website: www.knoxvillefumc.org  , and feel free to PM me with any questions!

Other pretty churches:

First Baptist (where my parents got married): www.fbcknox.org
    Church Street United Methodist (my grandparents' church): www.churchstreetumc.org
    Cedar Springs Presbyterian: www.cspc.org

HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kayleaandweskayleaandwes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're smart for starting early. I dont' know if you'll be able to book anything just yet, but at least you'll know where you want to be when the time comes!
    I've always loved First Lutheran downtown, it's such a pretty place. i dont' go there tho, so i don't know about ceremony fees and things.
    As for reception sites, there are a couple of options. I'm mostly looking at outside places, so that's what I know. If you like outside, you could check out Cove Lake park, just 25 minutes up N75. They reserve a year to the day in advance (and no earlier than that :() but it's only about $108 or something like that for the whole day. pretty good deal. A friend of a friend just got married on Gay st where the radio show of the Blue Plate Special is recorded (I can't remember the name of the place now) but i'm not sure about their budget. there is also the botanical gardens down off of Neyland dr, or Ijams nature centre. Sorry if you're not thinking outside, that's just what I've been looking at so that's all I know! :)  
    Have fun and good luck! :)
  • edited December 2011

My church is great, too! =) But I think the reason it's so great, is because it's mine.I love knowing that week after week, I'll be going to Mass and worshiping in the exact spot where I got married. St. Albert the Great is in the Halls Community on lots of very beautiful land. http://web.me.com/billmj/Site_2/Home.html Good luck with your search!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards