Rhode Island
Options

Intro Song and Last Dance

We're meeting with the DJ tomorrow to go over the final details but we're having trouble figuring out our intro song and our last dance.  Any suggestions?

Re: Intro Song and Last Dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Lonestar: Amazed for the last dance?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We walked in to "I gotta feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.

Our last dance was to "Today was a fairytale" by Taylor Swift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We didn't want to do a "last dance" per se but we wanted our last song to be Don't Stop Believing.  It was such a FUN last song.  The band actually played one more song after that so that people could have a slower last dance.  I don't remember what that was though!

We didn't have an introduction song.  We just were introduced and then went right into our first dance, Maybe I'm Amazed.  No introductions for parents or our MOH/BM either. 

• Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our bridal Party walked into "I Gotta a Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas

I think our last song may have been At Last?

Is it sad that I have no clue...it's funny how much I agonized over songs and in the long run...no one can probably tell you what we danced to, walked into, or left to!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our bridal party walked in to : "Shipping Up to Boston" and we walked in to: "Dirty Water" both by the Drop Kick Murphys. Our last song was going to be "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra but we surprised everyone and had the DJ play "Don't Stop Believin" afterwards. It was great!
  • Options
    Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our BP walked in to "Party People" by Nelly & Fergie.  DH & I did the Simpson's theme song because of our last name.

For the last slow song we chose "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw & for the last song of the night we chose "Its a New Day" by Will.i.Am
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was hoping Don't Stop Believing would have been one of our last songs of the night, but for some reason our DJ made it one of the FIRST songs of the night... which I was very surprised at, made no sense to me! I guess I should have made it clearer for that to be one of the last songs...

Our intro song was Baba O'Reilly by The Who. Our last dance was Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, but that's because it had been the song we did our first slow dance to.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our intro song was Long Train Running by the Doobie Brothers.  I smile whenever I hear it on the radio.  We just picked it, it didn't mean anything to us beforehand.

And for the last song, we played New York New York by Frank Sinatra.  At my college, the local bar played that song to indicate the bar was closing AKA the last song of the night.  And my husband is a huge Yankees fan, they play the song at the end of a game too.  He had a Yankees cap that lit up and he put that on too.  Cute. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just had a details meeting with our DJ on Monday so we were figuring all this out this weekend. We are entering to "Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys (and FI wants them to say "now pitching for the Red Sox, the newlyweds ...") because he's a huge Sox fan.

Our last slow dance of the night is to "When a Man Loves a Woman" - the original Percy Sledge version. I've always loved this song. I even had it on vinyl as a kid (passed down from my parents.) This is followed by our last song of the night, "Don't Stop Believin'" - should be fun! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our parents walked into "Sweet Child of Mine" and we and the bridal party walked into "For those about to rock we salute you"

Our last songs were "you are the best thing" and "in the midnight hour"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stuck with an Eddie Money theme. We got introduced to "Take Me Home Tonight" and then after dancing to the Dirty Dancing song (alone) we danced our last dance with everyone to "Two tickets to Paradise"
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards