Gay Weddings

Info needed on D.C. honeymoon!

My partner and I will be honeymooning in Washington D.C. We will also be legally married while we are there after our wedding. We would love to get some ideas from those of you from the DC area and have gotten married there. We would also love some ideas for some great romantic restaurants and things to do while we are there. Most importantly we would love some feedback on some gay friendly B and B's in the area. We found one we liked, The Swann house. We just would love to hear from some locals that could give some great recommendations!

Thank you so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Info needed on D.C. honeymoon!

• K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not from the DC area, but my favorite restaurant ever is in Georgetown - Filomena's. If you and you FI like Italian it's worth checking out, amazing homemade pasta! http://www.filomenadc.com/

You should post on the DC area local board for more recommendations.

Photobucket
  • AmiDeniseAmiDenise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married and honeymooning in DC too -- the wedding's April 7th.

I've got some links for things to do in DC on our wedding website.

If you're looking for an officiant, I highly recommend our officiant, Tiffany Newman.  We're traveling from out of town and she's handling everything re the marriage license for us.  All we have to do is show up to get married!  Her website is http://www.marriagedc.com/.

There are TONS of great restaurants in DC.  What type of cuisine are you interested in?

BTW, Congrat's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your responses! I will check out your websites! We are probably going to get married at the courthouse for free since we are getting married at the Outer Banks and spending so much money there. We love ALL types of foods....we are real foodies! I know that DC has some wonderful restaurants, I just haven't been there in years! Any recommendations are welcomed! Does anyone know anything about The Swann B and B? It is listed as gay friendly. Just wondering if anyone has been there or knows of it. Thanks for all your help! Looking forward to looking at your websites!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bluebelles8bluebelles8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I currently live in D.C. and it's such an incredibly open area! If you want to find something a bit more detailed to your interests, check out washingtondc.gaycities.com It's a review site for restaurants, hotels, shops, spas, clubs, you name it. That way when you're here you can say.. hmm I feel like italian food, let's look it up. Or hmm, I feel like going for a facial, let's look it up. :) You should also ask the concierge/b&b staff while you're around. They can name some great places for you. I cannot imagine you will face much difficulty while you are here, like I said this city is very open minded! Best of luck to you both- and make sure you check out some of the BEAUTIFUL museums and memorials while you're here!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards