June 2012 Weddings
Options

Plus one for guest

I invited an old friend that I havn't seen in years. But she isn't sure if she can make it unless she has a ride, from her new boyfriend who she wants to bring. We didn't put plus ones for guests, however we did make a few excpetions, if we knew who they were bringing. I don't know this guy and I really don't care for him to be there. Neither does my fiance. I already told her we aren't adding plus ones.

Re: Plus one for guest

• Options
    If you already told her you arent adding plus ones then stick with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, stick with that.  If she can't make it without a ride, then she can't make it.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So I'm not really sure what you are asking here.

But I think you need to ask yourself how important is she to be at your wedding. We were pretty flexible with plus ones. However, one of my dear friends that lives over an hour and half away recently injured herself and can not drive. She called and said she could line up a friend to drive her but wanted to know if he could come to the wedding. I said yes because it is more important for her to be there then sticking to some plus one rule.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options

Is this a question? Because it feels like you already made a decision.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Significant others are not plus ones. It's not your place to judge their relationship. Invite him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_plus-one-for-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:bb249edc-5e9b-4d86-a47c-9aa7ece658d5Post:8a0dc557-bb4e-46be-8e9a-0875daa5a160">Plus one for guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]I invited an old friend that I havn't seen in years. But she isn't sure if she can make it unless she has a ride, from her new <strong>boyfriend</strong> who she wants to bring. We didn't put plus ones for guests, however we did make a few excpetions, if we knew who they were bringing. I don't know this guy and I really don't care for him to be there. Neither does my fiance. I already told her we aren't adding plus ones.
    Posted by chelseamc201[/QUOTE]

<div>But it's her boyfriend.  That's not a random plus one.  If she just wanted to bring a date then I would say stick to your guns; but she wants her boyfriend included, and he should have been included anyways.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_plus-one-for-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:bb249edc-5e9b-4d86-a47c-9aa7ece658d5Post:dcc8bfea-3922-4e2b-8d37-56636b09c65e">Re: Plus one for guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Significant others are not plus ones. It's not your place to judge their relationship. Invite him.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]
    100% this.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_plus-one-for-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:bb249edc-5e9b-4d86-a47c-9aa7ece658d5Post:dcc8bfea-3922-4e2b-8d37-56636b09c65e">Re: Plus one for guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Significant others are not plus ones. It's not your place to judge their relationship. Invite him.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Yep- this. I missed the boyfriend part.
  • Options
    I was flexible with plus ones because the majority of our friends and family are married so we would know both guest. However, with my younger sisters and cousins (18-23 yrs old) I didn't give them an option to bring plus ones.
  • Options
    You have to invite him. He is her boyfriend. I have a question though, who did you make exceptions for? What about the people who are in relationships but you didn't know who they were? They didn't get an invite.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oops!  I misinterpreted the OP, I thought the plus one was her ride?!  Not really sure what I was thinking to be honest.  Well the SO is just understood to be included in the 'count'.  But it looks as if you're not alotting room for any of your guests to bring a +1?
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If the ride is her BF, you need to include him.  Don't split up SOs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_plus-one-for-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:bb249edc-5e9b-4d86-a47c-9aa7ece658d5Post:43c040ad-ac5c-4b65-8e53-ded2f4929816">Re: Plus one for guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops!  I misinterpreted the OP, <strong>I thought the plus one was her ride?!</strong>  Not really sure what I was thinking to be honest.  Well the SO is just understood to be included in the 'count'.  But it looks as if you're not alotting room for any of your guests to bring a +1?
    Posted by Nshivers[/QUOTE]

Yep- thats what I thought right away too!
  • Options
    If the SO is her plus one, then you should invite him. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_plus-one-for-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:bb249edc-5e9b-4d86-a47c-9aa7ece658d5Post:43c040ad-ac5c-4b65-8e53-ded2f4929816">Re: Plus one for guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops! <strong> I misinterpreted the OP, I thought the plus one was her ride</strong>?!  Not really sure what I was thinking to be honest.  Well the SO is just understood to be included in the 'count'.  But it looks as if you're not alotting room for any of your guests to bring a +1?
    Posted by Nshivers[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. If her ride is her BF you need to invite him.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_plus-one-for-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:bb249edc-5e9b-4d86-a47c-9aa7ece658d5Post:b74a0d5a-ec83-4f8b-9d8a-dc2bebe93a50">Re: Plus one for guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm not really sure what you are asking here. But I think you need to ask yourself how important is she to be at your wedding. We were pretty flexible with plus ones. However, one of my dear friends that lives over an hour and half away recently injured herself and can not drive. She called and said she could line up a friend to drive her but wanted to know if he could come to the wedding. I said yes because it is more important for her to be there then sticking to some plus one rule.
    Posted by HarperBargo[/QUOTE]

I agree with this!
  • Options

I was starting to worry y'all. Glad it was just misinterpretation!

• Options
    How would you feel about going to a wedding without your SO? I know I'd be ticked off and probably not go if the invite was not extended to him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    When I was making the guest list, I knew she just got out of a relationship. Being that our guest list was stacked, I didn't have enough room for her to bring a plus one. But it turns out I do know her BF.
    Plus, with some guests declining, we had room for more people. So he is invited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards