South Carolina
Options

Magnolia Room - Rock Hill

Has anyone been to a wedding there?? My FI went to one a few years ago and said it was a very nice ceremony/reception. I have been e-mailing and calling since last Monday and keep getting blown off. I am really discouraged. I know I am new at this planning thing but I feel like I shouldn't have to send 5 e-mail requests and leave 6 voicemails. I keep getting replies that say, "Sorry- we had a wedding, will get back to you tomorrow!" I also got one before that asked what my date was so they could check availability (this was last Thurs morning) and I replied @ 10 am and didn't receive an answer...
I wonder if I am just anxious and stressed or if this is ridiculous...???
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Magnolia Room - Rock Hill

• Options
    acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds ridiculous!  I would be mad...  You are the bride and putting your faith into these people for a location... Not to mention MONEY.  I would check out some other venues... Rock Hill has a lot to offer... I went to a wedding once at the Winthrop Lake.  There is a building called "the shack".  It was actually a nice building but very basic/rustic.  You could also check out some local country clubs around the area.... or see about renting out a place downtown on main.
  • Options
    katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in july 2011. Lisa is a veryy busy woman, just stop by during the week i think the times are 11am-5pm. I'm saving so much money by having the ceremony outside on the lawn and having the reception indoors. Alot of people don't know this, but the magnolia room has a storage area inside that has TONS of stuff from past weddings.. like cylinders, candles, pebbles, tons of stuff.
    I went to hobby lobby and bought 14 mirrors for the tables.. they had them at the magnolia room free of charge, so i took the ones i bought back.

The Magnolia Room is the best place in Rock Hill, in my mind.
    Keep looking, but until Nov. Lisa is going to be running around with brides-to-be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards