Military Brides

Class A - Green Uniform

Hey ladies,
  My groom really wants to wear his Class A (Army Green Uniform) at the wedding.  He doesn't want to fork out the money for the Dress Blues....

The groomsmen will be wearing tux, it is a 1:00pm wedding ...what do you all think?

Re: Class A - Green Uniform

• edited December 2011
    You are lucky that your FI wants to wear his greens. My FI refused to wear them, because he thinks they are ugly and he also refuses to fork the money over yet for the blues until he is forced to do so. What are your wedding colors? Could you "design" something to work around the greens?
    imagePhotobucket image
    [IMG]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/katyj25/Uni8.jpg[/IMG]
    *TTC since 10/09. Last Depo 7/09
    *Me-31 DH-32
    *HSG and all bloodwork 11/11 all clear
    *50 mg Clomid/trigger/IUI #1 2/18/12, 1 scrambled egg @ 28mm, DH 111 mil. post wash! = BFFN :(
    *The wait is finally over! My husband is home! Deployments suck!
    *7-8/12 - surprise BFP! Beta came in at 2, confirmed CP.
    *8-9/12 - 50 mg Clomid/trigger/TI/prog., 1 follie @ 22mm = BFN
    *9/12 - Femara/estradoil/TI = cycle cancelled, poor response
    *10/12 - Femara/Follistim/Trigger/IUI #2 = Triggered, but cancelled IUI and changed to TI due to poor response = BFN
    *12/12 - cancelled and on BCP due to 2 large cysts found
    *1/13 - Follistim/Ovidrel/Progesterone/IUI #2 = BFP!!! EDD 10/16/13
    Beta #1 - 18, progesterone 37.5, Beta #2 - 29, Beta #3 - 27
    FU IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *2/13 Switched REs and IUI #3 is pending for March.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Blog: When things go wrong
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,
       I'm going to bump this up. So far the green of the Class As clashes with my colors. :( Anyway, hope someone can offer you so help.
  • LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't think anyone should be wearing a tuxedo at a 1pm wedding. Tuxedos=evening wear.

Uniforms are uniforms. They don't have to match. H wore his blues (he's a Marine). GM wore tuxedoes (formal evening wedding). BMs wore brown. Flowers were pink and orange (fall-- seasonal color).

See where I'm going with this?

ETA: I just double checked, and the equivalent civilian attire to Class As is civilian informal, i.e. a suit. Not a tuxedo.

IMHO-- change the GM attire, not the groom's. The groom picks, the others follow suit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's your wedding. What you and your FI have decided on will look fine. My FI is also Army and up until a week ago planned on wearing Class A's, groomsmen were wearing tuxes and it was a 3pm wedding. My FMIL is graciously paying for dress blues for him for the wedding. But we were all set to do the green A's! Just remember your wedding-your way :)
    Happy Planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards