Connecticut

Advice on Questions to ask at Venue Visits

Hey ladies!

I have finally arranged some visits to potential reception locations next week when I am back in town for the holiday. I am terrible at thinking of what to ask... Any suggestions on the important issues to discuss with venues?

TIA!

Re: Advice on Questions to ask at Venue Visits

• - Do they provide a coordinator? If so, are they just a day of coordinator? What would their availability be to you?
    - If you are planning to be married or have your reception outside, do they have a rain back up?
    - How early would you and your vendors be able to access the venue the day of the wedding?
    - Are you able to have your rehearsal at the venue? If so, when do they schedule them?
    - Do they have a list of recommended vendors?
    - Are you able to visit the venue when they are set up for a wedding?

Have fun looking at venues! :)
    Anniversary
  • Also ask whether they hold multiple weddings in one day / at one time, or if you'd be the only one there. 

Ask if your date is being held for YOU once you do the visit, or if you have to put a deposit down. This will let you know if you can think about it for a while, or have to rush to book. 

In addition to how early can you/ your vendors arrive, ask how late you can stay. Will they charge you until the party is over, or charge you also for the time it takes to clean up? 

My venue was also my caterer, so I had questions about willingness to work with food allergies and special drinks for people who couldn't have beer. 

Good luck! 
  • Ask about if there are additional fees for parking attendants/coat checks/cake cutting etc...
    You can also ask if gratuity and tax is included in the price or if it's extra.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Ask if there is a dance floor, if there is an extra fee to set it up or move it in the space.
    If there is an outdoor space, are there any noise restrictions.
    Total # of hours included in the rental?  How much for extra time?
    Timeline for payments
    Contact person before the wedding and the day off (same? different?)
    If they have catering- do they do tastings before or after you book?  
    Do they allow open flames? Restrictions on candles, etc?
    Can you leave stuff behind if you need to (decorations, extra favors, etc) to pick up the next day or later?

Make sure to check bathrooms- my sister didn't realize until after she booked her venue that it's a good thing she doesn't have a ball gown as her dress or she would have had a hard time getting in and out of the stalls.

Have fun looking!!!  

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2012
    Is tax and gratuity included with the price per person?
    Does the venue have an exclusive caterer or can you bring your own?  Some places don't have tables, chairs, linens, flatware & glassware if you have your own catering.
    Is there a bridal suite?
    What kind of alcohol is included, if any? It ca be just beer & wine or premium or top shelf.

Find out how many courses are included with the dinner, some places is passed cocktail hour and no stations.  Some have appetizers and others don't.  Some venues include cookies or fruit as dessert and some will include cake.

If you are having the ceremony on site there is probably an additional fee.  Make sure you like the backup rooms in case of rain.

Good luck finding your venue!
  • Thanks everyone! These will be very helpful. My first visit is tomorrow, and the rest on Saturday, so I will let you know how they go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards