Pennsylvania
Options

Need NEPA advice for the mag!

Hey NEPA Knotties,
We’re looking for your best secrets/advice for our magazine. For example, vendors you loved, advice you couldn’t have planned your wedding without, anything! Post it below and thanks in advance!

Knot Annie

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Need NEPA advice for the mag!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Colonnade is the best venue in NEPA...it is an old converted mansion run by 2 guys who were event planners in NYC before they bought the place and renovated it!  They handle ALL plans...flowers, decor, ceremony, and reception, and even have 3 amazing botique hotel suites on the 2nd floor...doing an article on them would be great!
    We are getting married there 5.27.2012
    I lost my 1st husband to cancer in 06 after just 5 months of marriage...so to find love again is a true blessing...the guys at the Colonnade were so wonderful and really accepting of my budget as I am paying for it all myself.
    My FI and I walked into the foyer pictured below and our jaws dropped...we KNEW this HAD to be the place!

• Options
    deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite vendors from my July 10, 2010 wedding.  Pictures available if needed.

Rehearsal Dinner: The Stegmaier Mansion--Joe Matteo is awesome!  The food was fantastic, the restored mansion is awe-inspiring, and he was a very hands on, welcoming and gracious host. 

Reception: The Westmoreland Club--The staff is amazing! They will accommodate any need. The food was fantastic, and the venue is beautiful. Great prices for an unbelievable experience.

Band: Picture Perfect and the Raging Hornmones--They kept the dance floor packed all night!  Edwin Valdez, the leader, was phenomenal.  They agreed to perform a song my sister wrote for my dad and I for our dance.  It was amazing, and there was not a dry eye in the room. 

Transportation: Parrish Limo- They were fantastic! We had a limo bus, a stretch limo and a school bus.  The staff was extremely easy to work with, the buses and limo were clean and very nice. 

Cake: Truly Scrumptious--Cathy Reppert was easy to get along with, flexible and made a truly scruptious cake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards