Indiana
Options

Reception Decor HELP!!

Hi Ladies!! I need everyone's opinions. My reception hall has a fairly high ceiling. I am using ostrich feather centerpieces along with submerged orchid cylinders on the tables. I am also using fuschia and white up-lighting through out the hall. I LOVE the idea of using paper lanterns to really add impact to the entry-way and dance floor. I am worried about it being too busy tho....any thoughts? I definately want the reception to be mordern and over-the-top (that real WOW factor) but I still want it to be elegant and not too busy or fussy.....thanks in advance everyone!

Re: Reception Decor HELP!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I sounds like what you have already chosen is going to be fun, sophisticated and elegant. I think paper lanterns are cute and super fun but a little more casual than what it sounds like you've planned already. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry so much about it being fussy as it is cohesive. The orchids and lanterns kind of have a mordern asian inspired feel to them that's can be fun and elegant and depending on the color, the feathers can have a similar elgant feel.

Just make sure everything has some semblance of a flow and i think you'll be ok. Have fun with it though!
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's sort of hard to tell if it would be too much since I don't know exactly how high the ceilings are and how high your centerpieces are.

I think the paper lanterns can look very nice if organized properly. I would probably just put them over the dance floor to add a little extra lighting and ambiance.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards