Nebraska

Reception/Ceremony Places on a budget

I'm newly engaged and have a small budget. I would like to stay in the 6,000 range but can go up to 10,000. That has to  include everything! We do want about 250 people and we do have a big wedding party. I need a good reception that is cheap but is decent. We would like, if we can, to pay for all the liquor and beer. We only want to do finger foods, and with looking at most cateriers they don't allow that. Anyone have ideas? Already dreading  planning this wedding!

Re: Reception/Ceremony Places on a budget

• I'm getting married in Lincoln and my budget is $10,000 with a 550 person guest list.... I've got almost all my planning done and im under my budget so it can be done. However im not paying for drinks. Try to chose venders that are new and trying to make a name for themselves. Also never pay the asking price, I always negotiate pricing and people will drop their prices. Figure out 3 things that are important to you and cut corners on the rest to make it work.
  • Melaniann- This is very rude.  Please do not do this. 
  • Check out my planning bio. For EVERYTHING at my wedding, we only spent $7000 and we planned a 250 person wedding, and we had 6 BM & 6 GM. So it definitely can be done! You just have to get creative with some things!

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_receptionceremony-places-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:1d9da8f6-79ce-405f-bbd3-209c6c8147a1Post:e0ce8cff-c303-4ccf-805a-80109252d442">Reception/Ceremony Places on a budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm newly engaged and have a small budget. I would like to stay in the 6,000 range but can go up to 10,000. That has to  include everything! We do want about 250 people and we do have a big wedding party. I need a good reception that is cheap but is decent. We would like, if we can, to pay for all the liquor and beer. We only want to do finger foods, and with looking at most cateriers they don't allow that. Anyone have ideas? Already dreading  planning this wedding!
    Posted by slykari01[/QUOTE]
    My name is Stephanie ... There is a Reception Hall that is located approximately 1/2 way between Omaha and Lincoln, just a minute or two off the interstate. However, it is not a Barn. Our Reception Hall seats 450 Banquet-Style or 1000 Theatre-Style. We have a full bar right inside the Hall for your guests. You can make it a cash bar, or WHATEVER you prefer (You will not be able to provide your own alcohol... it would be sold from our bar directly to your guests (or a tab would be run for you if you prefer an open bar scenario) . For an extremely reasonable rental fee of only $800, we provide the banquet tables, chairs, linens (your choice of black or white), soft drinks (including soda, lemonade, iced tea, coffee) , and 2 bartenders (our bartenders work for tips) for the night. We will set up the tables and chairs to your specifications AND we will do the clean-up at the end of the night. You could choose whoever you like to cater the event (your caterer would need to provide the hall with a 20% gratuity ... based on their bill to you). I realize this is very INFORMAL and limited information, but if you would like to learn more (or you would like to see our facility) , you can contact me on my cell phone @ (402) 617-4316. We do not "waive" the "caterer's gratuity" to the hall, but we are happy to talk with you about the specifics of your situation. I would love to visit with you soon. Thank You
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards