Attire & Accessories Forum

bridal 'jackets'

What does everyone think of bridal jackets? (I think they're called that.)  I always thought they were kin of tacky until I put some on today and liked them....

It's not for religious purposes or anything, and we are considering an outdoor ceremony/ indoor reception.  I'd probably not wear it to the reception.

Waste of money or cute?  

Re: bridal 'jackets'

• I think it depends on how it looks with your dress. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I don't LOVE them, but I have seen them look really pretty with certain dresses.

If your outdoor ceremony is going to be kind of cool, I think it would make sense and be pretty. If it's going to be really hot, I probably would go agaisnt it.

What does your dress look like?
  • The dress I'm looking at -the only one I'd wear this with- is strapless sweetheart neckline flit n flare.  
  • My wedding is outdoors in February so I had to buy a jacket "just in case".  But I didn't go with a traditional bridal jacket.  My dress is fun and funky so I wanted a jacket that matched in style and still showcased my dress.  Here they are... (and I won't be wearing the strap...hoping this works, first time posting a photo...seems easier than it should be, haha)

• I like that!  I tried on a faux fur wrap-shawl thing that was really fun, too.  It made me want to get married in the middle of January!
  • Your wedding isnt until 2015, dont make any decisions until 8-10 months before. Your style could drastically change.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bridal-jackets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f8c3e31f-0ca2-46ad-8a7f-33108b2d0e0cPost:5c86938f-8717-4267-931b-76c2ca26b52f">Re: bridal 'jackets'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wedding isnt until 2015, dont make any decisions until 8-10 months before. Your style could drastically change.
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]

<div>I am very worried about my style changing.   I feel a lot of pressure to order my dress in the next month because I'll be out of the country for at least a year, come home to visit, which is also when I'd do my first alteration, then go away again for another 6 months to a year.</div><div>
    </div><div>How long does   it take in total to order the dress, get the alterations, etc?  </div>
  • Also, it's fun to look!  
  • latest bridal 'jackets'  can find at http://www.sighthit.com/accessories/bridal-jackets

There are all kinds of bridal jackets for you choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards