Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Loose Park Chair Rental Sept 1st

kmstxbkmstxb member
First Comment
edited June 2013 in Missouri-Kansas City
I am trying to find the bride that gets married in the slot after me at Loose Park on September 1st. My time is from 12-2.

If I can find the bride from 2-4 I want to talk about spliting chair rentals.

Re: Loose Park Chair Rental Sept 1st

• Options
    I will make this a sticky so that it stays at the top of the posts for awhile.  Keep checking back!
  • Options
    I'm not getting married until next summer (hopefully Loose Park), but I plan to ask the lady who keeps the books if she can pass along my information to the bride either before or after me. I doubt they will give you the information of another bride, but surely they could pass along yours?

Quick question for you, since you're a step ahead of me: How difficult was it to book the date you wanted? Were you there on the first day of booking? Thanks!
  • Options
    Do you mind sharing where you are renting your chairs from?  I am getting married at Lake Shawnee Sept 30.

Thanks!  I hope you connect with the bride you are looking for!

• Options
    We haven't booked a place for chairs yet, but we are looking into AAA party rentals. We still have plenty of time (we're June '13). If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to know. Thanks!
  • Options
    This has nothing to do with your chairs, but my fiance and I looked into Loose park aslo and I was curious if you guys were renting the shelter too for your reception? We had entertained the idea of renting the park and the shelter, but it felt a little like it'd just end up being more like a picnic (which I'm not opposed to completely) and not like a wedding recteption. It's both of our first (and hopefully only) wedding. And how much is AAA rentals charging you? We grabbed a brochure from Hobby Lobby for equipment and chair rental that was pretty cheap. You might want to look into it.
  • Options
    We're renting chairs with AAA for our ceremony on July 6th, 2012 from 4 to 6. If the bride from 6 to 8 is interested in sharing, that'd be awesome!

• Options
    Searching for someone in the slot before us on June 1, 2013.  We have the final slot of the day 6-8 pm.. Would love to split rental chair cost!!
  • Options
    Looking for the bride who has the 2-4 slot on June 8, 2013. Would LOVE to share the cost of chairs. 

Also, does anyone have some chair suggestions. Quotes we have received are ranging from $300-$600 for 100 chairs that we will only use for about 30 minutes. I feel like this is a little crazy! Anyone?
  • Options
    vvr8rdvvr8rd member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Hi, My date is August 9th, 2013. And I have the last time slot 6 8pm. If the bride with the time slot from 4 6pm would like to share contact me on this site.
  • Options
    Still looking for the bride with the time slot on either side of mine (June 8, 2013, 4-6pm) in the garden!

Also, to any brides that might still be looking... Elite Party Rentals is the way to go for tables and chairs. They are SO much more reasonable than most of the places that quoted us.
  • Options
    I apologize in advance because this is unrelated to chairs... I am currently on the search for an outdoor venue for my ceremony and figured you ladies would be good resources since you have the same plan. At Loose, is the only place for a ceremony in the Rose garden? How many people can you have? Any other places that you looked at for outdoor ceremonies that you would suggest for a new knottiest? Thanks
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_loose-park-chair-rental-sept-1st?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:970cb9de-ea0c-4897-8755-0d7ebc43fdf6Post:34092b0e-5bca-464e-bd74-77a9378f8ee9">Re: Loose Park Chair Rental Sept 1st</a>:
    [QUOTE]I apologize in advance because this is unrelated to chairs... I am currently on the search for an outdoor venue for my ceremony and figured you ladies would be good resources since you have the same plan. At Loose, is the only place for a ceremony in the Rose garden? How many people can you have? Any other places that you looked at for outdoor ceremonies that you would suggest for a new knottiest? Thanks
    Posted by drplotycia23[/QUOTE]

<div>As far as I know, the Rose Garden is the only place for a ceremony in Loose Park. I think it can hold up to 200 chairs, but it gets pretty tight at that number. I have seen several ceremonies there where it was 1/2 standing, 1/2 sitting and no one seemed too uncomfortable. I would assume they kept their ceremonies short and sweet though.</div><div>
    </div><div>Are you only looking for a ceremony venue, or are you looking for ceremony & reception? What kind of "feel" are you going for? Casual, formal, outdoorsy, country, etc?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards