Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

Because I am super nosey!

At what age did you lose your virginity?

Do you think there is a right age?

Were you ever planning on saving it for marriage?

Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    1. 2 weeks before I turned 17.

2. I don't think there's an exact age. People mature at different times. I do however think that you should love the person. Oh, and be safe!

3. I was, but I forgot. My hormones got the better of me. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    At what age did you lose your virginity? 21 or 22, I can't remember when exactly is was that summer.

Do you think there is a right age? Out of HS at least Tongue out  My OBG and I were talking about ovarian cancer (both of my grandmothers had it) and about prevention.  During that conversation, she mentioned that women who have sex before age 20 are more likely to develop cervical cancer.  They aren't sure why (maybe more partners, not regular checks early on) but it is just a trend.  I do think that no matter how old you are, if you are responsible enough to use protection and are comfortable having your annual exam, then you are ready for sex.

Yes, DH and I were both going to save it.  We dated for about 4 years and were on the brink of our engagement when we finally said screw it. Wink

My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options

I do think you should be out of high school at least. I'm not trying to sound "holier than thou", I know you can still make regret-inducing decisions when you're older, but by then you're slightly more educated on diseases and pregnancy and are more likely to be responsible about it

I actually had every intent of saving it. My ex (Who is the only person I've been with besides FI) pretty much manipulated me into it ... I should have seen the signs then, but the relationship actually got very abusive after that.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    At what age did you lose your virginity?  21

Do you think there is a right age?  I think you need to be old enough to really understand the consequences.

Were you ever planning on saving it for marriage?  Not really.  I figured that I'd want to know what I'm getting into before I commit.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    At what age did you lose your virginity? 19

Do you think there is a right age? Sometime in college or after. Not High School

Were you ever planning on saving it for marriage? When I was like 6, yeah. But then reality set in. If I would have tried to save it for marriage I would have ended up marrying the wrong guy years ago, for the wrong reasons.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ff9e632c-0ef1-4bca-9d83-0a29ce8b1e40Post:baac9f3e-dc31-4a89-8a43-a75fef4baa50">WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because I am super nosey! At what age did you lose your virginity? <strong>18 </strong>Do you think there is a right age? <strong>I think as long as you are of an age to take care of and accept any consequences (pregnancy, STD, emotional) then that's the age you're ready. </strong>Were you ever planning on saving it for marriage? <strong>Well, I didn't save it for marriage, but I did save it for the man I was going to marry. and that was my intent.</strong>
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    22, almost 23

Depends entirely on the person.  But I think earlier than high school is a mistake, and I think it shouldn't be just because you think you're getting old and want to get it over with or because you want to be like everyone else.  You should at least really care about the person.

Absolutely.  Right up until the moment I stopped saving it, actually.  If you'd told me an hour before that I'd be losing my virginity that day, I'd have laughed in your face.  And yet it was consensual and I was fine with it once it was imminent.
  • Options
    A few weeks after my 18th birthday.  I think girls should wait until at least 18, but I think everybody is "ready" at different times, and I didn't feel ready when I lost it.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ff9e632c-0ef1-4bca-9d83-0a29ce8b1e40Post:790d1d04-8cc2-41e7-b7a8-fc3845ce771f">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]My ex (Who is the only person I've been with besides FI) pretty much manipulated me into it ... I should have seen the signs then, but the relationship actually got very abusive after that.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

This, exactly. I lost mine to my ex, who begged and begged me for three solid days while I was visiting him at his college. He ended up being pretty emotionally abusive over the next several years too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options
    At what age did you lose your virginity? 19

Do you think there is a right age?  That was the right age for me.  I do agree with others that it's something that should be between two consenting adults or at least teens old enough to handle the repercussions of the actions.  It's such a hugely personal thing for each person but the outcome can be something that affects you for the rest of your life and you need to be ready for that.

Were you ever planning on saving it for marriage?  Yup!  However by college I wasn't.  My list isn't "long" but DH wasn't my first either.

• Options
    18. Not to the love of my life or anything like that, but I was happy I waited till I was old enough to deal with an adult decision and all it comes with.

Not really. Who's to say something so general about something that's a very personal decision.

I never had the plan to. If I did that would have been fine, but it wasn't something I had the intent of doing.
    Night swimming in the ocean= pretty sweet reception!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ff9e632c-0ef1-4bca-9d83-0a29ce8b1e40Post:baac9f3e-dc31-4a89-8a43-a75fef4baa50">WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because I am super nosey! At what age did you lose your virginity?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Do you think there is a right age?[/QUOTE]
    No. I don't. I think maybe an arbitrary "right" age would depend on the culture, the person, her partner, their state of mind, and the consequences. In the U.S. I think generally speaking 16 should be minimum (and I still think of this as arbitrary).

[QUOTE]Were you ever planning on saving it for marriage?[/QUOTE]

I had debated back and forth a lot about it. I considered it, but never committed to it. In the end, I decided that I was ready after my now FI and me had been together for a year and a half. I definitely think this was the right decision for us and that we were both ready.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards