Gay Weddings
Options

More options for Gay Weddings on The Knot..

It would be wonderful if I could fully create my profile on the Knot, but I simply cannot due to the fact that there are two grooms and no bride. How can I make a gay wedding profile? Do we even have the option? Please share y'alls thoughts.

-with love, 
Gay wedding in Tx

Re: More options for Gay Weddings on The Knot..

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Heya. You can manipulate the profile and select grooms for both. You will then have to hide headings in your public profile (like bride). This website does need a little adjustment but it is closer than others.
  • Options
    I've emailed them and was told by the Memberships Support feedback reply:

<p class="yiv793847399MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:'sans-serif';color:#1f497d;">"Hello and thank you for your email,</span></p><p id="yui_3_2_0_1_1336488817562261" class="yiv793847399MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:'sans-serif';color:#1f497d;">Not as of yet is that a tool option, you are however able to utilize the bonus pages on the wedding websites. This is so that nothing will be groom specified. Thank you!"</span></p>
    Sorry but I have no idea what the "bonus pages" are on the site, nor does that help with the portion of the site that lists my bride as a groom!  Everything on the page is for Tuxedos, etc. and we are two brides - both wearing gowns, both with hair/make up needs, both having full bouquets, etc.

I've given some minor technical suggestions to them but ...has anyone had any positive feedback or progress from them?  If not - I will sadly be deleting my profile.

Jen (and Soul) in Maryland.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_more-options-for-gay-weddings-on-the-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:3521ca31-5bf1-4449-9272-33afc3fe8e98Post:d95a3def-4b78-448a-a55e-fd67f4a05763">More options for Gay Weddings on The Knot..</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be wonderful if I could fully create my profile on the Knot, but I simply cannot due to the fact that there are two grooms and no bride. How can I make a gay wedding profile? Do we even have the option? Please share y'alls thoughts. -with love,  Gay wedding in Tx
    Posted by MonsieurChai[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    @groomsquared - I don't see how or where you do this.  I've gone into my profile many times and it doesn't allow me to change groom to bride.

Do you have directions for this?

And does it allow for the planning pages to be gender specific?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_more-options-for-gay-weddings-on-the-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:3521ca31-5bf1-4449-9272-33afc3fe8e98Post:1c5b2e20-0ed2-4f7a-bfe0-599b4e82c9a9">Re: More options for Gay Weddings on The Knot..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heya. You can manipulate the profile and select grooms for both. You will then have to hide headings in your public profile (like bride). This website does need a little adjustment but it is closer than others.
    Posted by groomsquared[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I just joined, so I don't know if this is what they're talking about, but when I signed up, I chose Bride and Bride.  I just now went under Account and looked at my information and also my fiancees information and it appears you can choose bride or groom for each person.

Did that make any sense?
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing Carrie+Carrie, we did the same thing (chose Bride for both).
  • Options
    <div>Yes but choosing "bride and bride" doesn't alter any of the other specifications, which I think is what the OP was saying. There still isn't a place for my fiancée to put details of her gown, accessories etc, and there's still a groom option all over the place.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think a website as huge, influential, and otherwise incredibly customisable as TK should be able to accomodate us.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_more-options-for-gay-weddings-on-the-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:3521ca31-5bf1-4449-9272-33afc3fe8e98Post:dbc63fe5-541c-4030-b179-aefc6872ec4c">Re: More options for Gay Weddings on The Knot..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking the same thing Carrie+Carrie, we did the same thing (chose Bride for both).
    Posted by StephandVal[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards