Catholic Weddings
Options

Time between ceremony/reception wording

Our wedding is beginning at 2:30pm and we aren't allowed into our reception hall until 5pm. There will be an hour and a half gap between the ceremony and reception. I was just curious if you would mention something in the invitation about it, or just word it  Please join us for dinner and dancing beginng at 5pm at So and So Reception Hall 1234 1st Street.

I am going to talk to the printer this week and finalize somethings so I just want things to be done. Any help/thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Time between ceremony/reception wording

• Options
    edited December 2011

I wouldn't mention the time gap. I think what you have in mind for the reception wording is fine.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. Just go with the wording you currently have. Your guests will get the hint they reception isn't immediately following the ceremony. You may, however, want to list a few things they can do or see in the meantime. I know a lot of brides do that when there is a gap.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    as long as the start time for the ceremony is clear and the start time for the reception is clear, you should be ok.

my only thought tho - if you say join us for dinner and dancing at 5pm, does that mean there isnt a cocktail hour?  do you think folks might think cocktails are from 4-5pm?   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After all is said and done, you may not have an hour and a half at all. But you will have time in-between.

Just make sure to mention the ceremony time (obviously) and on your receoption card mention the reception start time.
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what I did.  On the actual invitation, I had:

"...

Saturday, the twenty-seventh of November
    two thousand and ten
    at two o'clock in the afternoon

{address of church}"

With no mention of reception, just ceremony.  Then included with the invitation pocket fold thing, I had a *separate* reception card that read:

"Please join us in celebrating
    with dinner and reception
    at six o'clock in the evening

{address of reception hall}"
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards