Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Invite HIGH now Invite LOW - FML... heart attack coming

Well I am now going to add
"Make sure you have more than one proof reader"
to my advice to future brides.

I sent my invite, inserts and RSVPs to my Mother for proof reading as I know I am prone to type-os since I type so fast. Most of you are familiar with my return address being wrong on all the envelopes. My Mom was also suppose to proof those as her accountant printed them.

Well my BM texted me this morning saying she got the invite loved it but the Zip code on my RSVP was wrong. Panic attack followed as I left work to drive to the post office to see how big of a mess this really was.

I love the postal workers at this branch and they felt for me but they can't promise anything. They said if the postal workers have half a brain they will catch it and reroute it to St. Cloud. But obviously there are no guarantees. If the RSVP stays as is they will end up in Missouri and when they find out the address is not a MO address it will be rerouted to St. Cloud which can take a week.

I changed my FB status to notify my friends and family on there to kindly cross out the wrong zip code. But I can't reach everyone! WTH am I going to do?

Its taking all my strength to not burst into tears at work but I'm mad, worried and have my period which means it takes nothing to make me cry.

Re: Invite HIGH now Invite LOW - FML... heart attack coming

• edited December 2011
    Aww Shannon what a bummer!  I'm sure everything will be fine.  Just breathe :0)
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • jmkaiserjmkaiser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Shan! I'm sure everything will be fine. Try to reach out to as many people as you can. i'm sure by word of mouth most people will be able to change it. Otherwise you can just call the people you know you won't be able to reach. It's a lot of extra work but it will take the stress off of you.

Maybe this is the time to gather to BMs and have them start calling:)
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry that happened, definitely breathe! Thank God for FB! I'm sure most of your guests will see FB, and word of mouth to others will help get most of them to the right zip code.
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shan, bummer! I like jmkaiser's idea, though maybe it wouldn't have to be a phone call. Perhaps some family/friends would be able to help you reach out to your guests by email, text, Facebook msg, whatever letting them know about the issue w/the ZIP codes. Either way, I'd prepare yourself to make a bunch of calls after the RSVP date.
  • edited December 2011
    I gave myself a 4 week window from the RSVP date and when the numbers are due. Thank God so that should help cushion the lost/rerouted RSVPs

I'm just really mad at myself and my mother. I am dsylexic and mix up words, and numbers a lot and I asked her to proof read (I don't always catch my mistakes myself).. she told me this morning that she never did. Really?! FFS. I should have double checked when I caught the wrong address on the envelope.

FI is being less than supportive which makes it worse. I am not superwoman and can't do it all.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I'm sorry! My FI is highly dyslexic, so I know exactly what you mean about transposing things and not even realizing it. As long as you connect with your guests regarding the numbers, you should be ok. Hopefully one day this will be one of those funny wedding stories to tell your kids =)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    This sucks! Sorry to hear that. I am glad you have a little leeway inyour RSVP timeline to account for extra RSVPs though. GL in sorting this out!
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Shan - I completely feel for you. As a person who is dyslexic as well, I understand what you're going through. You could always send those who you cannot reach by email/facebook a new envelope with the proper zipcode. This sucks for you! It doesn't help FI isn't being supportive but know that there are people who completely understand!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh I am so sorry!!  I don't blame you for freaking out, but I agree, email, text & fb as many people as you can, also that is good that you have a 4 week cushion.  Plus you can even start contating people before that date since you do have the mix up.  Just say something like "Hey I know the RSVPs aren't due for a week but there was a mix up with the zip code so I'm just trying to make sure and contact anyone who's response may have gotten mixed up in the mail" 

GL Shan!!!  Keep us posted!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all the support. My mom has been calling people and I'm facebooking, emailing, and texting like a mad women hoping to catch them before people send them out.

I'm praying hard it all works out. And I think it will take a while before I can laugh at this one.

It is what it is. I just need to keep repeating that to myself. The damage is done its time to move onward and upwards!
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh shan, I'm so sorry to hear about this :(  It's so frustrating when your friends and family aren't as supportive and helpful as they promised to be.  I'd say make the slacker of a proofreader fix it as penance for her MAJOR oversight ;-)  As your date twin... I totally understand that the last thing you need is this kind of stress right now!  I  hope everything works out in the end.
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry this happened. I am sure things will work out and down the road you will laugh at this.  Remember to breathe and I am sure everything will be ok!
  • edited December 2011
    Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that this is happening, :( What a nightmare. I think the PPs have good suggestions and it sounds like you are already on the ball with fixing it as best you can! GL and I really hope you don't have to worry too much more about it.
  • edited December 2011
    Shannan, ugh so sorry this happened!!  In the end I'm sure it will all work out, but that doesn't help alleviate any stress at the moment.  Hopefully you can relieve some stress "on the mat" ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards